Maybe demi female, still questioning

CatWho3120

I used to think it strange that new parents are allowing their children to explore their gender identities, but now here I am questioning mine and wishing I had done it sooner. 

I am female and mainly identify as such.  I don't like the terms woman or girl though. I do call myself a cat lady, though. 

I'm definitely queer, but now sure how queer or if I care to define it.  I like she/her pronouns.  However, I am solely on bc so I don't get a monthly visit.  I don't wear a bra 98% of the time. I like my fades and undercut pixies.  If my hair gets too long I start feeling dysphoria, I feel like I look like a teenage boy.  Not sure if it's hormones or what, but sometimes I feel like I have a mustache.  I would never shave it or anything like that, but it's just something I'm aware of.  I don't care if people notice it. I rarely shave my legs.  Sometimes when I do I feel especially feminine, but I still feel feminine when I don't.  I feel more feminine when I get my eyebrows waxed, but I rarely do that either. 

I like lip color, but no other makeup. 

I once told a coworker I was feeling androgynous and she said, "But you still look like a girl." 

Some other experiences from my past also make me question.  I had short hair, but was wearing a dress and held the door open for someone and they said, "thank you, sir." Another person was talking to me about relationships and said to me, "girl, guy, or whatever you're into.". Even my sister, who is a lesbian has joked about my short hair looking like a lesbian.  She doesn't know I'm ace. 

I know some of these things don't have to do with gender identity, do they?  I'm learning so much, but I still don't know what I'm most comfortable with. I think I just like queer the best so I don't have to pinpoint a gender identity. 

Comrade F&F

Hm. This sounds familiar. *looks at own profile*

I'm cis-female, but even if my longer hair is tied back in a ponytail, and I got called 'sir' at least twice so far. I can look androgynous if I dress for it, and I'm happy with it.

Maybe you're like Renee in this video? https://youtu.be/ITRdvGnplLU?t=18

no-longer-in-use

None of those things have to do with gender identity. You don't have to be perfectly feminine to be female.

21 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

None of those things have to do with gender identity. You don't have to be perfectly feminine to be female.

Thanks!  I think it's less me not feeling female and more so just feeling generally uncomfortable. 

Just Somebody

Take this into consideration:

-gender identities are just the words people might feel more like to call themselves at a given moment. You can also view them as boxes or the box you feel more comfortable and represented as being a part of at a given moment.

-Gender expression is what people can noticed about you, including your clothes,  behaviors, body type, name and pronouns, gender roles and gender stereotypes,  etc.

Having an gender non-conforming (gnc) gender expression doesn't make someone have an gender non-conforming Transgender identity. 

Having an masculine gender expression doesn't make someone a man, having a feminine gender expression doesn't make someone a woman , having an genderqueer gender expression doesn't make someone non-binary. 

5 hours ago, Just Somebody said:

Take this into consideration:

I didn't want to quote the whole post but it's perfect and helps a lot!  Thank you very much! 

Just Somebody
4 hours ago, CatWho3120 said:

I didn't want to quote the whole post but it's perfect and helps a lot!  Thank you very much! 

I'm glad.

Archived