Relationships  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What is your orientation?

• Asexual
    • Aromantic
    • Aromantic and Asexual
    • Neither
    • Questioning
  2. 2. Are you currently in a relationship?

• Queerplatonic
    • Romantic
    • Sexual
    • Other
    • Only platonic
  3. 3. What kind(s) of relationship(s) do you want to have/are you comfortable with?

• Only platonic
    • Queerplatonic
    • Romantic
    • Sexual
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

This is me being curious about how many Aros and Aces are in relationships and what kind of nature these are. 

NickyTannock

I'm an Aromantic Asexual, and I've never had or desired any kind of relationship.

There are no options for 'No' or 'None' though, so I would choose 'Only platonic' since that means friends, right?

1 minute ago, MichaelTannock said:

I'm an Aromantic Asexual, and I've never had or desired any kind of relationship.

There are no options for 'No' or 'None' though, so I would choose 'Only platonic' since that means friends, right?

Exactly. Platonic means just friendship/familiar bonds, which is why there's no "No" option. If that doesn't fit feel free to vote "other" :)

Well I’ve never been in a relationship. I want to one day get married and have kids but I guess being ace can make that a little harder because so many people are looking for casual relationships not long term like me (I’m 19 1/2) I’ve joined dating sites and their was either no one who got my interest and you got that by having a profile description that I thought would be compatible with my own values and beliefs. There was a guy who was in another state who was really, really interested in me which I thought was super strange because he said in his profile that he dislike just about most things I said I like on my profile and our values seemed to be similar but also very different. He wrote me a message and I wrote back in the friendly not romantic way I could think of to be polite after a few messages he said he read my profile ( I was surprised because that’s the 1st thing I do) and thought I was super interesting and wanted to meet me, and then he realised I was to far for him to travel being in the country and not a city and asked me to fly to him, I just told him I was to busy at the moment and couldn’t. I was just really surprised because I could not think how it could possibly work I’m a Christian with Christian values and beliefs but he was just too much, he said he wouldn’t watch tv or a movie on his profile and on mine I had I like to watch anime, old cartoons, action, fantasy, mystery and non-fiction and any good movies or good books of the same genre. He wrote he would only read the bible, which I read the bible too but I do like to read other things as well, then I imaged what being in a relationship and have kids with someone like that would look like, and.... no. When I have kids I want them to be able to watch tv shows and cartoons and the way he made himself sound he would be against his kids watching cartoons and things.

I loved cartoons growing up and didn’t hurt me, but the fact he was the only guy who wanted to talk to me other then complete creeps who were nearly the age of my mother made me delete the account after 2 and a bit months instead of the 6 months I paid for.

All the guys I was interested weren’t interested in me, I didn’t put I was ace on my profile because I was still deciding if that was right or if I only thought that because I’ve never been in a relationship before, after I did more research and understood asexually more I realised that it explains me to a T.

If I started to try online dating again I don’t know if I’ll put the fact I’m ace or not on my profile I’ve seen one guy do it, but I don’t know if it’s something that I should put out their 1st to everyone or wait until I meet the person?

I'm heteromantic asexual. I'm currently in a romantic and sexual relationship. I'm okay with it. Sex is fine, y'know. It's like going to the dentist. Good for my overall health (health of the relationship), even if it's not necessarily the way I'd choose to spend my time. 

Captain_Tass

I'm a sapphic (pan but with a preference to women and enbies) graysexual grayromantic individual. I'm neither ace nor aro, but not sexual or romantic either. All that being said, I'm not in a romantic or sexual relationship but I think I would be okay with one if (and only if) it was with a person that I'm attracted to and who is attracted to me in those ways. But I'm dealing with it just fine, because being in a relationship is not a priority right now and I really don't want to deal with the drama of dating as a teen (much less the drama of dating as a non-cishet teen).

Galactic Turtle

I'm aromantic and asexual. I only have platonic relationships and am only interested in platonic relationships.

Twisted Tempest

For the longest time, I had thought I was Aro ace, but my romantic orientation shifted after a particularly bad moment in my life semi-recently. Nothing has come from that as of yet however. 

Just a note on your poll design: surely Question 2 and Question 3 should have a "no/none" option. Also, I don't think it's meaningful to say you're "in" a platonic relationship.

I am not asexual nor whatever aromantic means. I'm not in any kind of relationship at the moment. And I'm open to romantic/sexual relationships.

Also, once again, dare I ask: what exactly is a Queerplatonic relationship?

On 6/16/2019 at 4:38 PM, BeakLove said:

Just a note on your poll design: surely Question 2 and Question 3 should have a "no/none" option. Also, I don't think it's meaningful to say you're "in" a platonic relationship.

I am not asexual nor whatever aromantic means. I'm not in any kind of relationship at the moment. And I'm open to romantic/sexual relationships.

Also, once again, dare I ask: what exactly is a Queerplatonic relationship?

If you don't have a single relationship, platonic or otherwise, you can vote "other". 

"Aromantic" is when you feel no romantic attraction, kind of like Asexuality, but with romance. 

A Queerplatonic relationship (also known as QPR) is being together with someone without the romance and sex aspect. It is not to be confused with friendship though. 

Any kind of nonsexual relationship is good for me though I tend to prefer romantic relationships.

everywhere and nowhere

Not in any relationship closer than "just friends", which I regret.

I believe that I would be comfortable with three first points in the last question - however, no sex with my participation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 2:58 PM, Morgenrot said:

A Queerplatonic relationship (also known as QPR) is being together with someone without the romance and sex aspect.

When you say "being together" do you mean in a named, couple relationship but one which doesn't have any sex or romance? And by "named relationship" I mean one which could involve marriage and be recognised by the State, but just doesn't involve romantic feelings or sex? Or do you mean "together" loosely as people who like each other but not in a coupling or a relationship which could be recognised.

It is not to be confused with friendship though. 

Sometimes it seems there is very little space for meaningful friendship to exist.

On 7/1/2019 at 1:04 AM, BeakLove said:

When you say "being together" do you mean in a named, couple relationship but one which doesn't have any sex or romance? And by "named relationship" I mean one which could involve marriage and be recognised by the State, but just doesn't involve romantic feelings or sex? Or do you mean "together" loosely as people who like each other but not in a coupling or a relationship which could be recognised.

Sometimes it seems there is very little space for meaningful friendship to exist.

Yes, I mean as in a named relationship. Also, the difference to friendship is, that this way you make them family. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, Morgenrot said:

Yes, I mean as in a named relationship. Also, the difference to friendship is, that this way you make them family. 

Why would you want to marry someone for whom you have no romantic or sexual feelings, though? Just seems bizarre. 

• 10 months later...

@Morgenrot

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived