Is it normal to wonder what it would be like to kiss your friend?

Anony-moose

Anony-moose

Wondering if that's a normal thing to wonder about even if it's not necessarily something you would do, or like/dislike? Like, is it normal to have minor gay thoughts, like "what if we kissed" or "what if we held hands" or "what if we were dating" or "what if hfjdiebfdi", all in the "what if" way but then be very neutral about those thoughts?

sometimes we might just want that closeness/feel curious about being with someone, and if it's a person we already know and trust like a friend, it's perhaps natural to wonder?

RoseGoesToYale

I think it's perfectly normal. Imagining something doesn't mean having to act on it. I've wondered about kissing/cuddling with friends of all different genders, it just seems to be a part of exploring individual relationships.

1 hour ago, Anony-moose said:

Wondering if that's a normal thing to wonder about even if it's not necessarily something you would do, or like/dislike? Like, is it normal to have minor gay thoughts, like "what if we kissed" or "what if we held hands" or "what if we were dating" or "what if hfjdiebfdi", all in the "what if" way but then be very neutral about those thoughts?

You're probably super gay!!!!! 😊

Is it bugging you to have those thoughts, if not,then just go with the flow. Our brains are odd sometimes.

verymelancholic

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, go for it, if that’s your thing, and if they want it too.

No matter if it's "normal" (I guess you mean something like "common"?) or not, the thoughts seem to be present, so... as long as you're okay with that, everything is fine.

I can say that I have tried to imagine stuff like that, but it just doesn't work for me. I can't imagine situations like that with a friend. It's like a fish and a bike, they just don't go together at all.

Anony-moose
5 hours ago, Homer said:

No matter if it's "normal" (I guess you mean something like "common"?) or not, the thoughts seem to be present, so... as long as you're okay with that, everything is fine.

I can say that I have tried to imagine stuff like that, but it just doesn't work for me. I can't imagine situations like that with a friend. It's like a fish and a bike, they just don't go together at all.

Yeah, that's what I meant- as in how common is it. Just out of curiosity. They're nothing I would necessarily want to act on though lol

Its totally normal and perfectly common lots of people have gay fantasies. Or wonder what kissing someone they are close to would be like, your fine. I wouldn't stress too much about it especially if you're not planning on acting on it.

Archived