Ace Representation Survey

purrcrastination

purrcrastination

I want to make a cartoon to improve asexual representation for a school project but I would to hear opinions from the community to help shape it. 

There just isn't enough lighthearted, fun ace representation so if popular media won't represent us, maybe we’ll just have to do it ourselves.  

For my EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) I want to make a cartoon/animation to improve asexual representation. But first, I need to know what we as the asexual community feels is the most important to us.

I think that creating positive content is the best way to progress lgbt rights and awareness, but I need the input of the community to make sure whatever I make meets the project criteria and, more importantly, the needs of the audience. 

Please complete this survey and share it with as many fellow aces as possible! Thank you :)

https://hannahgreaney.typeform.com/to/EoHHGD

Didt it! Hope it helps. Even if it's like: "I'm definitly NOT doing what she suggested!".

Completed. 

Sounds like a great project! I look forward to seeing the results (if you feel like sharing). 

I like this thing a lot. If you need any help regarding concept art or as an assistant animator, hook me up, captain (yarrrr)

Done, it was fun to go through.

Done.

Your idea is great! You are attaboy/attagirl. I hope you will get an A*. Good luck!

Hope the project goes well!

Done! Hope it goes well!

Done! Good luck and have fun with it! Looking forward to see what you come up with 😉

Anthracite_Impreza

I had a little giggle at the part about being asked if you're attracted to cars, because, well... :ph34r:

The superheroes one sounds good. The pirates one made me chuckle!

Done! Good questions! That pirate thing sounds amazing, I would love to see that in one form or another - creative people out there, please, make that happen! 👏 Good luck with your project, would love to see what you come up with!

Done! Great ideas for the project. Please keep us updated. :cake:

purrcrastination
On 6/15/2019 at 8:14 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I had a little giggle at the part about being asked if you're attracted to cars, because, well... :ph34r:

The car thing was actually inspired by my first time coming out to somebody who wasn't a close friend. We were discussing just sexuality in general in physics (just on our table, not the whole class) and I made an ace joke to my friend next to me. The guy sitting opposite us on the table was curious so (respectfully) asked what I meant. After I explained what asexual meant he proceeded to (less respectfully) list random things and ask if I was attracted to them. For some reason he started with cars. Like his thought process went "hmm, they don't want to bang guys, or girls.... must be a car f*cker then." I couldn't stop laughing. He was so confused. It was hilarious (if not also a little troubling.) 

Anonymous Axolotl

This was an awesome survey! Thank you so much for doing this. I hope you keep us updated, and best of luck on the project!

• 2 weeks later...
helana12_03

Done

as @Anonymous Axolotl said above: that was a really good survey dude!! i hope my responses help some, and good luck with your EPQ!

• 8 months later...

Wanna see the results! Hope, it all went well! I love these surveys, especially if they're useful for somebody. For instance, have you ever heard that you can take surveys and get paid for it? I've discovered a great article describing paid surveys, how to become a survey taker and which sources are the most reliable. I started to use Survey Junkie and it feels amazing when you have some extra money which are not so hard to earn. I advise you to check this article, I guess, every teen dreams of this kinda "part-time" job.

@purrcrastination I think this is just me, but the survey link say "This typeform is private" when I click on it. Is there something I could do to access it? I made an account but that didn't help, unfortunately. I also just realised that this is a year old, so feel free to ignore this. Sorry!

• 3 months later...

@purrcrastination

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived