• Dark brown
    • Brown
    • Black
    • Green
    • Hazel (blue mixes)
    • Hazel (green mixes)
    • Hazel (brown mixes)
    • Colored contacts
  7. 7. In all honesty, is it okay to have a physical preference when it comes to attraction?

• Yes, people are allowed a preference
    • No, that's shallow

This poll is closed to new votes

I am romantic

I prefer feminine and androgynous features, voted feminine. Height is mid range which I take as being around 5'7. Midrange shades for hair. Honestly eyes I never really thought of. 

Preference are allowed. Aesthetically attractive for me can be a wide range of all the options, not just what I voted for

Dreamsexual

:) Hmm, there doesn't seem to be any "none" options for questions 2-6, for aromantics who aren't attracted to anyone's appearance.

NickyTannock

I can't answer this poll since I don't experience Aesthetic Attraction.

I'll admit to not really having a preference for certain hair colors or eye colors (or not always noticing them in the first place, haha)...or even feature type, I suppose.

I like people who are surprisingly tall, because it's like watching a slightly-oversized statue walk past - it seems magical to me, I guess? - but I don't mind any height.

Anthracite_Impreza
1 hour ago, Dreamsexual said:

*in-joke note to self: And my lover has at least 6 eyes ...*

You don't have to pull them out do you? :blink:

OP I can't do the thing cos I ain't into humans, or humanoids of any description.

WanderingKate

1) Aromantic 

2) I'm a real sucker for feminine features on men, not sure what it is about a guy with full lips, long eyelashes, high cheekbones...I could go on :D

3) Tall or average. I don't find myself aesthetically attracted to short people usually, but I don't think it'd bother me if someone I was attracted to was short. 

4) Usually prefer short hair, but thick. Like a nice full head of hair, but not necessarily all the way down to the shoulders if that makes sense. That's a bit too long for me. 

5) Hair color doesn't matter too much to me as long as they wear it well. I do find myself sometimes attracted to rarer colors, like natural redheads and blondes. 

6) Green eyes :) Blue versus brown I very rarely notice a difference, but green eyes always catch my attention. Blondes with green eyes are my kryptonite 😄

7) I'm glad to see everyone has voted yes to this question...of course it's okay to have aesthetic preferences when it comes to choosing a partner. We all like what we like, and looks is often what attracts us to the person we end up with initially so that we can get to know them on a deeper level, and that's human. So yes, having preferences when it comes to looks is completely normal. 

What I'm attracted to seems to change from everything from trans women to extremely feminine women and everything in between but as long as they are generally female. I have found recently that I can be attracted to agender individuals as well. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I am finally getting around to exploring things a little more and discovering identities that I never knew existed before. So I guess you can say it changes with the breeze right now.😂

1. Grayromantic

2. All three.

3. Midrange or tall

4. Long, even on men I prefer at least chin-length (and I'm a sucker for emo hairstyles).

5. I like black hair the best, but I'm fine with most other hair colors too. (Edit: forgot to mention I love white hair as well).

6. I don't really have an eye color preference.

7. Of course it's okay to have preferences. 

I really didn't know how to answer this poll. I don't really get aesthetic attraction to different features. I just notice someone is "Pretty" or "handsome" not really their features. 

I can say that I really like the look of red hair. It is really pretty to me. I also really love green eyes, but all eyes are pretty. That wouldn't necessarily be a preference, but I put it anyway. 

I kind of don't really mind though. I value people more on their personality. 

RoseGoesToYale

Why is there an overwhelming preference for green eyes? 😳 -runs-

(Just kidding, y'all are cool.)

I picked "long" for hair, because I don't find buzz cuts particularly appealing. I tend to like midrange to longer hair on dudes.

13 minutes ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Why is there an overwhelming preference for green eyes? 😳 -runs-

(Just kidding, y'all are cool.)

Green eyes are not as common as other shades so when you see someone with them, it is kind of "special" I guess. I don't know what other people think, but that's why I like them. I also like blue-green eyes because they just look pretty, but that wasn't there to choose from. 

Dreamsexual
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:03 AM, NoraGrace said:

Green eyes are not as common as other shades so when you see someone with them, it is kind of "special" I guess. I don't know what other people think, but that's why I like them. I also like blue-green eyes because they just look pretty, but that wasn't there to choose from. 

CelesteAdAstra

Men who are not overly masculine with long dark hair and dark eyes 😁 I'm also not at all into muscular guys, I prefer it when men are of a lean build, even scrawny. It would be perfect if he was about the same height as me, which is a bit on the taller side.

Having a type's totally okay, but for me it doesn't mean that I'll only fall for guys who look like this. On the contrary, the guys I fell for the hardest only fulfil half or less of my choices. In the end, it's always the mind that attracts me, the similarities between us, the "special little things".

This was a sort of tricky poll for me, because for the most part I don’t have specific features that makes someone aesthetically attractive. I either find them especially pretty, or I don’t. Maybe you could add a "no preference" option to questions 2-6?

Pale skin and dark hair stands out to me because of the contrast, but I think any kind of coloring can look good. It all depends on the individual and what suits them best. I wouldn't say I prefer anything over anything else because literally anything could be visually appealing and you can't really compare things that are different from one another. I also think it's weird to get nitpicky about physical appearance. Either someone is aesthetically attractive to me or they aren't, though I don't really care what anyone looks like that much. I value personality a lot more, and often feel that I am the only one who cares about whether people are cool or not (which is determined largely by their behavior and perspectives).

Poll needs "other" or "all of the above" or "none of the above" answer choices.

EngineeRaven

1. Demi/greyro, it's weird, I'm still figuring it out.

2. People's appearances don't really count in romantic attraction, but I find androgynous people extremely beautiful.

3. It doesn't really matter. All my partners were tall so far, but I liked short and mid people before. Aesthetically all can be nice.

4. I found that I like long hair on masculine people and short on feminine. Any on androgynous people.

5. I don't really care. I love read hair, because it's just so pretty, but all the other hair colors are really pretty too.

6. Lol, that's the thing that matters the least for me. I struggle to maintain eye contact, so I usually ask my partner what their eye color is, so I can tell something if my mom asks. xD

7. Yeah, of course. It's not something you can choose. Even if I don't have any go/no-go type of preference, I understand if others do.

1. Aromantic, but still questioning

2, Prefer feminine and androgynous. Well, feminine... more on the tomboy side of the spectrum. Never got the whole big breasts and wearing heels and stuff (though it is fine to want to look a certain way, just isn't for me)

3. No preference

4-5. I like all kinds of hair. It is a neat accessory and expression, But dyes are cool

6. No preference. Well, actually, gray eyes are cool, but it isn't something I think about

7. Nothing wrong with having a type

HonoraryJedi

I do have preferences when it comes to appearance, but it is difficult to answer a lot of these. I can say I prefer androgynous features. Good way to sum that up. But my preferences are a lot regarding shapes, and not really regarding colour. I like long hair, but light and dark can both look good. And eye colour, I swear I don't even notice peoples eye colour most of the time! I don't even know about heights. I have only thought about that from a practicality standpoint. It hasn't entered my mind from an attractiveness standpoint.

On 1. I marked romantic for me, but I do not really know yet. I think I may be on the aromantic spectrum, because I have never had a crush on anyone or anything like that, but then I would like a romantic relationship. I've also never been really close to anyone, so I am considering whether I may be demiromantic. Although I think I could also possibly be cupioromantic, or quoiromantic. I also think along with one of those I may be panromantic, since I don't think I would care about my partners' gender, but I don't really know.
On 3. I marked tall, but really I don't care that much, it's more I think being tall is cool rather than necessarily attractive.
On 4. I marked short for hair, but I think it just depends on what hairstyle for me fits that specific person best.
On 5. I marked natural color (dark shades), but again I really don't care. I think they all can look good, I focus more on faces and a little on body shape when it comes to aesthetics.
On 6. I marked gray for eyes, but the same goes for eye color as goes for hair color. Plus I don't even really notice most peoples eye colors.

I find people of all genders aesthetically attractive. I generally find androgynous body features more attractive than both feminine and masculine. I have virtually no preference when it comes to eye colour, hair colour, length, height, etc.

And when it comes with fictional characters I do take personality into account. I love Adorkable characters!

Alawyn-Aebt

For 3: Preferably equal height to me or close to me, I did midrange. I am midrange in height for amab, although it might be on the taller-side of midrange for afab.

For 4: Do not really care, just not so long it is impractical and difficult for the one who the hair is attached to.

For 5: Hair colour I do not think matters too much, maybe prefer mid-to-dark tones. The only dream I have ever had that was even somewhat romantic featured someone with red hair, so maybe that is my brain expressing a preference.

For 6: Never really thought about it, no preference. I did green because my eyes usually look green since I had to answer.

For 7: Yes it is fine, as long as one does not go overboard with it. We all do not like the same art, why should we think the same things are beautiful?

no-longer-in-use

1. Romantic.

2. I put "fluctuates between these" because I can find masculinity, femininity, and androgyny attractive. It just depends on the person.

3. I put tall even though I can also find shortness attractive. Again, depends on the person.

4. I put short hair, but again, I don't care.

5. I put light shades but I don't care.

6. I put brown but I don't care.

7. You're allowed to have a type.

• 1 year later...

@Dellakat

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived