Quick poll for asexuals

Zebrafinch

Which of these best describes you?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these best describes you?

• I'm not attracted to anyone
    • I don't want sex

This poll is closed to new votes

Zebrafinch

Only two choices is deliberate. Inspired by the how many asexuals are there topic.

Does "I'm not attracted to anyone" mean not attracted sexually?

Dreamsexual

4 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

I'm only an 'effective' asexual, so neither.  But interesting poll.

If you don't mind me asking, what does "effective asexual" mean?

Dreamsexual
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:41 PM, NoraGrace said:

If you don't mind me asking, what does "effective asexual" mean?

Zebrafinch
10 minutes ago, NoraGrace said:

Does "I'm not attracted to anyone" mean not attracted sexually?

Well, you're ace, not blind I take it? 

Aesthetic attraction doesn't really count in my book. Beyond that I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, Zebrafinch said:

Well, you're ace, not blind I take it? 

Aesthetic attraction doesn't really count in my book. Beyond that I'm not sure.

What about romantic? If you can't decide how to identify the question how do you expect us too?

What a pity I can choose only one answer,because both describe me (of course, I can feel aesthetic,sensual and romantic attraction. Just not sexual)

Zebrafinch
9 minutes ago, Quacks said:

What about romantic? If you can't decide how to identify the question how do you expect us too?

This poll is partly about how people interpret the question. As I've never been attracted to anyone beyond "they're really interesting/ nice, I'd like to spend more time with them", I don't really have that much to go on. 

1 minute ago, MaggieB said:

What a pity I can choose only one answer,because both describe me.

That's also deliberate

NickyTannock

In my case, I don't experience any of the attraction types, so I picked 'I'm not attracted to anyone'.

everywhere and nowhere

A good poll. Have you perhaps read my poll about "Potentially conflicting definitions of asexuality"?

For me it's clear that I only meet one of this points. I'm probably not asexual according to the official definition and absolutely asexual according to the most popular alternative definition. I'm able to feel attraction, even something I would describe as sexual attraction - but I absolutely, irrevocably don't want to have sex. I too, in fact, prefer using the term "effectively asexual" as more precise - I'm asexual due to non-traumatic sex aversion, not a born-this-way asexual. But it would be absurd for me if I was told that I can't identify as asexual because I wasn't "born this way" - effective asexuality is decisive for my personal life (for the simple reason that it precludes having any sexual relations) and I don't intend to "treat" my sex aversion because the very idea of becoming sex-capable feels violating to me.

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Definitely the second option. I am attracted to someone, just as long as that first option can be interpreted as romantic and not sexual. Otherwise, if the first option exclusively means sexual attraction, then both options are equally applicable.

I find I'm attracted to some people, I have feelings for many people, but as for sex.........nah, been there, tried it, didn't like it, lived without it for a long time now

I didn't answer because I don't fully understand what the choices mean. What is this poll trying to determine?

Probably not much 

Count me in with the attracted to people, but not sexually, and don't want sex crowd.

1. Which of these best describes you?

• I'm not attracted to anyone
    • I don't want sex

Both

I find the phrase "not attracted to anyone" vague when used in simple terms. So I prefer to specify with not desiring sex with anyone.

Although I would also probably fall under Dreamsexual's "effective asexual" term and therefore fall into a grey area. 

EngineeRaven

Both. I'm not attracted to people, but I'm also repulsed by the idea of other people touching my body. Eugh.

I'm romantically attracted to people but not sexually. I def don't want sex so idk. both? only the second?

• 1 year later...

@Zebrafinch

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived