Favorite Space Shuttle?

wirewalker

Favorite Space Shuttle?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite NASA space shuttle?

• Atlantis
    • Discovery
    • Endeavor
    • Columbia
    • Challenger
    • Enterprise
    • Pathfinder
  2. 2. What's your favorite spaceworthy NASA space shuttle?

• Atlantis
    • Discovery
    • Endeavor
    • Challenger
    • Columbia
  3. 3. Have you heard of the Russian space shuttle program?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

wirewalker

It's entirely likely that no one will even know what I'm talking about, but I found myself curious. I'm a space nerd, in case you couldn't tell.

Grumpy Alien

I don’t know anything about space despite my partner being a big space geek. He has all sorts of LEGO space models, NASA paraphernalia, and astronaut signatures.

RoseGoesToYale

Have to go with Enterprise, because Trekkie. The cast standing in front of it:

Spoiler

The_Shuttle_Enterprise_-_GPN-2000-001363

For the second one I chose Challenger, because I always wonder where space travel would be if the disaster hadn't happened. At science camp when I was a kid, there was an old exhibit in the old museum building Mission: Challenger, or something similar. The idea was simulating a successful completion of Challenger's mission. We split up into two groups, one in ground control, one in the shuttle, and after one mission we'd switch. It was my favorite part about camp. I remember once I was com officer, and the kids in the shuttle couldn't do anything without my say so. May have been one of the few times I felt like an adult. I enjoyed the planetarium shows a lot, too.

wirewalker
17 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

Have to go with Enterprise, because Trekkie. The cast standing in front of it:

Reveal hidden contents

The_Shuttle_Enterprise_-_GPN-2000-001363

For the second one I chose Challenger, because I always wonder where space travel would be if the disaster hadn't happened. At science camp when I was a kid, there was an old exhibit in the old museum building Mission: Challenger, or something similar. The idea was simulating a successful completion of Challenger's mission. We split up into two groups, one in ground control, one in the shuttle, and after one mission we'd switch. It was my favorite part about camp. I remember once I was com officer, and the kids in the shuttle couldn't do anything without my say so. May have been one of the few times I felt like an adult. I enjoyed the planetarium shows a lot, too.

I do really appreciate Enterprise, its name, and how it got its name. Discovery holds a special place in my heart, though. Not sure why. It's just been my favorite since I was really young. Challenger is probably my second favorite, though. I read everything I could get my hands on about the shuttle and the disaster. For a while I could name everyone on its final crew. (Which is sort of morbid, when I think about it.) I've often wondered what things would have been like if the accident hadn't happened. It was avoidable, too. That's the part that upsets me.

I read a really interesting book by a space shuttle astronaut recently. It was a great look into the astronaut program and the behind-the-scenes opinions and feelings and politics there. I found it fascinating, though the author was a sexist twit. (He did at least seem to realize it eventually, though.) I can find the title if you want.

I don't have a favourite they're all as good as each other 

• 1 year later...

@wirewalker

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived