TV shows no one else seems to know

ben8884

On 6/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, FeichtKatze said:

For me it's Dark. I don't really ever hear anyone meantion it, less than a handfull of comments on facebook is all. I love that show, if you wanna get mindfucked Dark is the show for you.

Dark is SO GOOD! I am watching right now : D

No one said Twin Peaks!? This is blowing my mind.

4 minutes ago, UnderworldFan1988 said:

No one said Twin Peaks!? This is blowing my mind.

Surely everyone knows about that show?

Just now, Midland Tyke said:

You would be surprised how many people I talk to about that show and they have never seen or heard of it before. I don't think its that popular but I could be wrong!

2 minutes ago, UnderworldFan1988 said:

You would be surprised how many people I talk to about that show and they have never seen or heard of it before. I don't think its that popular but I could be wrong!

I'm probably showing my age. It was just HUGE when it first aired.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, Celyn said:

Supersizers Go...

A documentary series where Giles Coren and Sue Perkins live as if they were in various historical eras.

Interesting and hilarious in equal parts.

My favourite line, about what I seem to remember was "hot posset": "It's like mulled vomit." 

Loved that show. I was at a LGBT Q&A thing a few years back and Sue was there. I asked her if they would ever do more seasons.

She said that her and Giles pretty much got black listed in stately homes for getting so pissed with the drink and foods they were eating and causing mayhem 🤣 so weren't allowed to film more. 

Also I know of Twin Peaks but never saw it as it was before the times of all access things like Netflix and Prime.  So never on air

51 minutes ago, Lilsi said:

Also I know of Twin Peaks but never saw it as it was before the times of all access things like Netflix and Prime.  So never on air

I highly highly recommend it!

56 minutes ago, Lilsi said:

Loved that show. I was at a LGBT Q&A thing a few years back and Sue was there. I asked her if they would ever do more seasons.

She said that her and Giles pretty much got black listed in stately homes for getting so pissed with the drink and foods they were eating and causing mayhem 🤣 so weren't allowed to film more. 

Although I was around at the time, I've never seen it either! I wonder if it's on DVD somehow

11 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

Although I was around at the time, I've never seen it either!

Same (I have seen bits here and there; and the Psych episode takeoff on it)

Yeah, I thought the show was pretty well-known, but maybe more so back in the day?

7 minutes ago, daveb said:

Yeah, I thought the show was pretty well-known, but maybe more so back in the day?

I've just looked it up. First aired 1990. So lots of people here wont remember it. I'd just been appointed to a new job and was working silly hours but still - its just the sort of show that I'd like

9 minutes ago, daveb said:

Another amazing show.

1 hour ago, Midland Tyke said:

Tht's what i thought but perhaps that's the circles I run in.

Celyn: The Lutening
3 hours ago, Lilsi said:

She said that her and Giles pretty much got black listed in stately homes for getting so pissed with the drink and foods they were eating and causing mayhem 🤣 so weren't allowed to film more

Dang the toffs are no fun.

“everything sucks” on netflix! gr8 show yet it got canceled because people didn’t watch it often 😕

Crazy Cat Lady
4 hours ago, Midland Tyke said:

I'm probably showing my age. It was just HUGE when it first aired.

Re: Twin Peaks - I was thinking the same thing! It was all over the place at the time!

I watched PBS a lot. So Mathnet was one I watched. Not sure how popular it was. I didn't exactly talk to many kids about shows

verymelancholic

Neon Genesis Evangelion. The show that still continues to fuck me up every day.

19 hours ago, Goonie said:

I watched PBS a lot. So Mathnet was one I watched. Not sure how popular it was. I didn't exactly talk to many kids about shows

Was it about Maths?

6 hours ago, Amcan said:

Was it about Maths?

Yes. They use Math skills to solve problems. But also a parody of Dragnet.  Here's a youtube list of them. Some quality is better than others. Actually I just started  an episode. It kind of makes sense now

The Goodies. My parent brought box sets and I find them hysterical. Theme tune:

QuirkyGeek

Image result for the tomorrow people original

On 7/2/2019 at 2:57 AM, Goonie said:

Yes. They use Math skills to solve problems. But also a parody of Dragnet.  Here's a youtube list of them. Some quality is better than others. Actually I just started  an episode. It kind of makes sense now

Hello there Youtube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, Taival said:

Galavant and Being Human, the UK version! I have no idea how popular these series were in their own countries, but back here no one has heard of these.

I will never ever get over the fact that Galavant was cancelled after only two seasons. It was so much fun, and the songs were (mostly) great, especially in the second season. Those of you unfamiliar with this series, it's a musical comedy set in a medieval fantasy world. The story begins when Galavant sets out to save his love Madalena, who has been kidnapped by the evil yet goofy king Richard. My favourite songs are Secret Mission, My Dragon Pal and Me, I Don't Like You and If I Were a Jolly Blacksmith. It is such an absurd show and so much fun!

Being Human has a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost living as roommates. It's great. I cried, I laughed, and most importantly, it introduced me to Aidan Turner - bless him and his beautiful, beautiful face 👏

Also, kudos for the great Vanity Fair adaptation of 1998, which doesn't get the love it deserves.

Okay I just have to comment about Being Human. I LOVED that show. And completely agree with Aidan Turner sentiment as well. Almost took over the number 1 'favourite vampire' slot for me!

the Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat. It's an animated Felix the Cat series from the 90's, it's surreal and weird as heck, and I freaking love it

Fire & Rain

A Young Doctor's Notebook 

For a show with such high profile cast, it never really got the attention. It is so well done. 

maxresdefault1.jpg

imnotafreakofnature!

Sledge Hammer, a cornball cop show from the 80s, and The Good Guys with Colin Hanks and Bradley Whitford, another cornball cop show from about five years ago that only ran one season.

Also love Red Green, which aired on Maine public tv. Not surprised Canadians know about it too, since Canada is a suburb of Maine. :lol: lol

On 7/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, imnotafreakofnature! said:

Sledge Hammer, a cornball cop show from the 80s

I loved Sledge Hammer, I can still see the guy who played Sledge clearly in my mind (tall blonde guy) but can't think of his name. That show had me busting up every episode. It was supposed to be stupid as it was a parody of stuff like the Dirty Harry movies.

Thinking of Sledge Hammer got me thinking of another 80's show that was a semi campy (and the main reason why it got me thinking is because I watched it around the same time as Sledge) called Remington Steele.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Remington Steele yet, but it had Pierce Brosnan before he played 007 and if I recall correctly, Doris Roberts was also in it. Brosnan played a mysterious ex-thief who a female P.I. hires to pretend to own and operate the P.I. business she started because nobody took her seriously as an actual P.I. Brosnans character never revealed his "real" name in the show (unless he did towards the end).

I think it was the role that actually got the producers of 007 to take notice in him.

9 minutes ago, CallaWolf said:

Remington Steele

Also starring Stephanie Zimbalist (daughter of actor Efrem Zimbalist, jr.)

9 minutes ago, CallaWolf said:

Sledge Hammer

Yeah, I vaguely recall that show. 

• 1 month later...

The Americans. This show wrapped up last year and was one of the best shows this decade and yet, no one seems to know it 

scarletlatitude
On 7/20/2019 at 12:21 AM, Fire & Rain said:

A Young Doctor's Notebook 

I wanted to watch this. What platform was it on again? 

Archived