How Do You Feel About Being Called "Good-Looking"?

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

"Attractiveness" Comfortability Scale  

187 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Being Called "Good-Looking"?

• Great! I love it!
    • It feels good.
    • I'm neutral.
    • I'd prefer that no one call me that.
    • It feels awful! It's completely inappropriate and it feels like I'm being pursued!
    • Other
  2. 2. What Is Your Sexual Orientation?

• Asexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bisexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Pansexual
    • Demisexual/Greysexual
    • Sapiosexual
    • Digisexual
    • Polysexual
    • Other
  3. 3. What Is Your Romantic Orientation?

• Aromantic
    • Homoromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Heteroromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Demiromantic/Greyromantic
    • Sapioromantic
    • Digiromantic
    • Polyromantic
    • Other

Dreamsexual
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, daveb said:

Can't really relate

Alejandrogynous

I'm vain as shit so I like it but I'm also too awkward to accept compliments gracefully, so. Working on that.

I don't like it but would definitely rather hear that than "sexy", "beautiful", and "hot" for sure! 

"you look good did you get a haircut"

"yes and it was a horrible experience good bye"

- person, talking to me, and i do not know them

"you look nice today"

":D this very good thank you"

- person, talking to me, and they a friend

"you look good"

"if you abruptly ceased existence then i'm certain that my day would get considerably better"

- person, talking to me, and they are one of about three people that i have in mind

i won't turn down any compliments but if they're using it for the purpose of expressing sexual or romantic interest then i'd be disappointed. this is a key reason why i'm more wary to accept compliments of this nature from strangers.

People say that to me quite rarely.I don't believe them when they do. Mostly, I feel they are just complimenting me out of politeness(like if I dress up for some occasion).Sometimes I wonder if they are just kissing up to me for some reason. 

If someone thinks you're attractive and they aren't saying it maliciously, just trying to get in your pants, or harassing (trust me I know that's an issue too) then just take the compliment. Like some random girl told me my hair was perfect for me and I looked cute with that cut. Thank you! Some guy at the bar smirks and says I look cute? Thank you, now I'm gonna take my drink back to my friends. Same guy at the bar keeps attacking me with advances. Not ok. I guess I'm saying it's situational. 

For me it it’s a mix of “you’re lying for a bet or to make fun of me” and major discomfort haha

IDK who I am tho

I like compliments, looking good is a compliment, makes me feel good. Don't love it though, it's not an important thing for me, what is it called, languages of love? I'm all for physical touch with a loved one, when it comes to friends and peers, words of affirmation are good, but I care more about doing things together. 

so, being complimented on my looks feels good. nothing special, but I like it. 

Strange_Charms

It really depends on the context, like the situation, as well as who is saying it and their tone of voice. If it seems like I'm being hit on, I'm very uncomfortable, regardless if I know them or not. However, if it seems to be a genuine and platonic compliment, I don't mind and it can be a slight confidence boost (especially if I actually chose to put effort into my appearance).

Its really off putting mostly. Even when I know that I look cute, when someone complements me like that it confuses me. 'Did I accidentally send them some invisible signal that I'm interested? Are they going to try to ask me out in a second??? Or, shoot, gotta fake smile and hope that they don't.'

I mean... They probably don't mean anything serious by it but. It puts a pretty bad feeling in my gut. =/

Dreamsexual

secrethamster

Almost never happens, but when it does I don't know how to respond. What goes through my head is, "Why? What makes someone look good? And why would you tell me? Are you just being nice or is there some other motive? If you have another motive, is the statement even true? etc." I usually just mumble thanks and walk away.

Thundermaiden

I'm never sure how to react to people saying that I look good, it makes me slightly uncomfortable but I wouldn't say I hate it, it's just surreal. That's probably largely due to the fact that it's rare, and most of the time it seems like it's women a decade or two older than me doing it. I'm sure I'd die of a heart attack if someone closer to my age were to say it.

It highly depends on who it's coming from. If it's a male hetero stranger (or most straight males in general), then I blow it off but if it's from a woman I'm more appreciative. That being said, I don't hear it much anymore but like a lot of previous posters, I put little to no effort into my appearance anyway. I'd rather be complimented on my personality, intelligence or something that has nothing to do with physical appearance. 

The last time I heard it ("you're cute") was from a disgusting guy at work who has since quit. He bragged about bringing his girlfriend into our workplace during off-hours and fucking her in one of the back rooms. In a previous conversation, he low-key bragged to me that he had "hoes". He'd fuck anyone with a pulse. Any physical compliment from guys like him should go in one ear and out the other. 

Dreamsexual
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, RedSheep2 said:

The last time I heard it ("you're cute") was from a disgusting guy at work who has since quit. He bragged about bringing his girlfriend into our workplace during off-hours and fucking her in one of the back rooms. In a previous conversation, he low-key bragged to me that he had "hoes". He'd fuck anyone with a pulse. Any physical compliment from guys like him should go in one ear and out the other. 

Janus the Fox

As long it's from my current BF, it feels fine to me :)

Member131995

I'm aro ace and I hate when someone comments on my physical features. I don't care who it is and it has nothing to do with self esteem, I just don't like and never have. I especially hate hearing, you're cute or any variation of it, I make no exceptions for who's saying it, I really really hate hearing it. I won't necessarily get angry, depending who it is, some people get more of a pass than others, but it doesn't mean I'll ever like it. 

katinthehat

I'm okay with compliments, but not when someone is just being nice to get something. It's very easy to spot that behavior.

I like feeling pretty and being told I am pretty. It is just for me and no one else. I don’t need anyone’s approval but I want to connect with people. Just not in all ways.😊

Thecoloryellow

I like it mostly, but sometimes it gives me the icks. I find myself VERY pretty, which I enjoy in a hilarious and dorky way. It’s always so surprising, I’ll pass a mirror and be like, “HOLY SHIT! I’m so fucking pretty!” And I definitely get treated differently because of it. But not typically in a way that’s all that great. Cuz, when guys think it, they want to bone me, (generally) and when girls think it they worry I’ll steal their boyfriends (sometimes) and it feels kind of like this random accident of genetics that has nothing to do with me, and kind of fucks up my life. But people do hold doors open for me a lot, so, yay?

AnimeGirlA

It depends on who says it.

if it’s a family member or friend or even someone I remotely know who is just giving me a compliment by saying I look pretty, it makes me happy.

but if it’s like a mid-age or older guy saying it to me, especially if I don’t know him I feel really awkward and I kinda ignore it ( I know that’s not great) or just say thank you it depends on how they say it if I can’t ignore them I say thank you lol.

The thing is I have only be called “a pretty girl” by older men include mid-age and being a 19 year old I’m just like ummm..... thank you, now I’m just going to get away from you ASAP haha.

I know I must look a little older then 19 because everyone seems to be asking me if I have kids lately, which is odd it started around Mother’s Day and has not stopped.

its just like the normal question I keep getting, or people just assume I have kids plural not a kid, kids which could be due to the fact I like to buy things for my younger siblings but people must thing I look 20 something but even if that’s the case it’s still creepy when 40 plus year olds calling you a pretty girl.

not to mention when I tried a dating site a few months back the only people who tried to contact me were in their 30’s and mid 30’s (my age was right there), one guy was like “ you are perfect, no one is like you on this site, please contact me on this number as my account ends tomorrow and it will be the only way to contact me”

1. That’s creepy/desperate.

2. Dude how could I be perfect if you have never spoken to me.

3. Your profile was up until I left the site.

4. You are like 2 years younger then my MOTHER.

Sorry if I went a little off topic.

I just take the compliment. Usually, my family calls me pretty and it's nice. However, I have had people crush on me before and that makes me feel extremely awkward. I'm like... what did I do to make you feel that way and how do I stop it?

Some random elderly man I've never met before said to me "If I had legs like you, I'd be showing them off too".

I laughed awkwardly and said "thanks" (I didn't want to be rude) but inside I was thinking "Whaaaaaaaaaaat???"

That was the first time I've been "hit on" by an old man.  I guess now I know what it's like to be a teenage girl lol

I really liked it when my late partner said that to me, and I also appreciated it when others said it.  

I appreciate compliments, but I hate when people mention "feminine" aspects of how I look.

Fortunately, I hardly ever seem to get the creepy kind of attention.  People don't usually come on to someone whose gender they can't figure out.

It doesn't really bother much.  I don't think much about my appearance, but if someone tells me I look nice I'll take the compliment.

I don’t care too much depending on who and in what context it is (such as voice or location)

Archived