• between 4 and 5 years
    • between 5 and 6 years
    • between 7 and 8 years
    • between 8 and 9 years
    • between 9 years and 10 years
    • Over 10 years old
    • do Not Own a Mobile Phone

This poll is closed to new votes

My previous phone was stolen after I’d had it for about 6 months. I replaced it with another of the same model, and I’ve now had that one for a year and two months.

I got it about a year ago. I expect to keep using it until it breaks or the carrier won't support it (which is I think less likely with a smart phone than my previous two phones).

Janus the Fox

Recently updated to iPhone 11 Pro Max, before that I had the iPhone 6 for 4-5 years and the iPhone 3 Standard 3-4 years.  Before that, I just had Hand-Me-Downs of all kinds of phones like the earlier Nokia flip phones way back like 2008.  I never owned a Mobile, no one did before 2006 in the family.  It was sometime as soon as I started college for info tech family had a lot of questions on phones for some reason.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, Leilamy said:

First pic taken back in March 2017 so, going 3 years ?

This method of counting wouldn't work for me. I still keep pics on my phone that I took two-phones-back in 2011 :) Incidentally, I've never used phone camera to the extent I thought I would. 

5 hours ago, Piotrek said:

This method of counting wouldn't work for me. I still keep pics on my phone that I took two-phones-back in 2011 :) Incidentally, I've never used phone camera to the extent I thought I would. 

That's fair. I think the pictures from my previous phone were taken on the phone itself & not the SD card so they didn't move along with contacts & stuff.

My camera is pretty good so I like to take pictures of nature, fire or stuff I see oustide. Also my pets. The first pics I mentionned were a flower & then a ladybug

• 5 months later...
everywhere and nowhere

By the way, I just received a new phone. But it's the same model as my previous one: Nokia 6210. :P

147px-Nokia_6210.jpg

Talk about technological conservatism... ;)

It's used anyway and, actually, it's my third Nokia 6210. I've had another mobile phone yet earlier, one which still had a little antenna, and for about the last 15-16 years I have been using Nokia 6210. I dropped my first one and its screen cracked, and the second one is just in a bad shape... One would think that a telephone so primitive cannot get hung up, but it seems it can... it often turns itself off due to some wires not connecting and then it hangs up on the famous Nokia start logo, sometimes I spend several minutes turning it off and on until it doesn't hang up. I hope the new one will work fine.

Just too bad that I couldn't find a Polish red one... I mean: English is no problem for me, unlike a lot of gamers, I don't care at all about Polish translations because I can play in several languages... but I'm so used to my mobile having a Polish menu that the new one had to be Polish too. And I discovered that Nokia 6210 had a red variant, which looks much better, but unfortunately, I couldn't find any with both red casing and Polish menu...

Curious side note: Polish has 9 diacritic signs: ąćęłńóśźż. I very much don't accept omitting them in forums and comments on the Web. However, in text messages I have no choice but to omit them. Confirmed years ago: even if I type "będę" (I will), in the sent message it will appear as "bede".

Interestingly, my phone also seems to support Cyrillic alphabet, I have received text messages in Ukrainian. But I have absolutely no idea how to type in Cyrillic on this phone...

• 2 weeks later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived