Lord Jade Cross

Lord Jade Cross
On 6/10/2019 at 5:28 PM, Marcin said:

RakshaTheCat
Just now, Jade Cross said:

The minimalist part is what Im having trouble with. Like what does a minimalist lifestyle ecompass? I dont make any extravagant or outrageous purchases, avoid eating out and buy the cheapest things. Is there anything else I should be doing?

You are probably pretty minimalist yourself then. This is probably why life feels hostile to you because society hates minimalists (you might get called unambitious and lazy). According to society, you are supposed to want to be rich, spend a lot of money on expensive things and be proud of it, at all cost.

I've hidden all those derails. We can get back on topic now. Skycaptain 

I’m constantly in a state of bewilderment about life, work and how humans have organized society. If I could get out of the routine I would, but I haven’t yet found a way. There are a million things I wish I could do, or try, or learn. It kills me that I have to go to work instead of doing what my heart wants to do. 

I always try to break out of the routine. I travel a lot to do just that. 

Put away the car and rollerblade and bike to work. Try to learn new things, even if via reading books, to keep my mind challenged. 

I find doing something one enjoys, takes away from those thoughts. I have always done jobs that didn't feel like jobs as a result. 

If am constantly conscious of the time, the job isn't for me.

Having investments, and living without the weight of materialism and with simplicity also helps.  IE I plan on retiring young, via business ownership in one of the countries I have traveled to. 

A nature walk quickly puts the world in perspective for me. 

Lord Jade Cross
On 6/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, Perspektiv said:

RakshaTheCat
On 6/12/2019 at 11:00 AM, Perspektiv said:

I always try to break out of the routine. I travel a lot to do just that. 

Put away the car and rollerblade and bike to work. Try to learn new things, even if via reading books, to keep my mind challenged. 

I find doing something one enjoys, takes away from those thoughts. I have always done jobs that didn't feel like jobs as a result. 

If am constantly conscious of the time, the job isn't for me.

Having investments, and living without the weight of materialism and with simplicity also helps.  IE I plan on retiring young, via business ownership in one of the countries I have traveled to. 

A nature walk quickly puts the world in perspective for me. 

You do realize that all things you've listed are actually luxuries? Many people, even from rich countries, can't afford that.

13 hours ago, Marcin said:

You do realize that all things you've listed are actually luxuries? Many people, even from rich countries, can't afford that.

Many people don't understand money. That's a slave like mentality to not understand money right down to breaking down stock exchange averages. Keep in mind, am eluding to only the people who on paper make enough for savings, yet are knee deep in debt due to spending outside of their means. The story for many.

We grew up poor, and my mother put aside pennies for our entire childhood for our college. She couldn't afford to put much in it, but it accrued over time as those investments matured. 

A very minute amount, goes a long way. I disagree that savings are a luxury. Many aren't raised with financial discipline or with an ability to compute money. 

You don't need a high salary to get savings. 

Also, biking or even a nature power walk isn't a luxury. It should be a must with the benefits it has for the mind body and soul. 

Travel definitely is a luxury. 

However, if creative you can make it feel like a trip during a staycation. Still a luxury, nonetheless. 

Many ways to break out of routine that cost next to nil. 

Archived