How has AVEN helped you?

ReyGraves

Hey guys! I'm doing a project on AVEN. If you're willing to share how AVEN helped you? Did you come as an ace and came for community or do you know someone who is ace and you came for education? Maybe you're like myself and mostly hang around the gender forums. 

Let me know if you're willing to let me quote you. Please specify what name you'd like associated with it. (Your Username, a random name you give me, or just 'anon')

I'd be presenting to my "LGBT Experiences" class. But otherwise not publicly released.

Thank you!

Dreamsexual

Anthracite_Impreza

Came as an ace looking for like-minds. Ended up discovering I was trans-male/NB, coming out as objectum (mecha-romantic) asexual and making lots of friends by talking bollocks a lot.

You can use my username and quote, I wouldn't post otherwise ;)

AllTimeBubble

I cam to AVEN when I came out as asexual to communicate with others like me; this website has certainly provided that. I've been able to talk with so many people and genuinely everyone in the forums I've been in has been lovely, and any question about asexuality I've had has been answered.

AVEN also helped me realise that I'm aromantic and to fully accept myself. 

(You can quote me as Bubble or AllTimeBubble if you want, I dont mind :) )

Hey, just a heads up, but you might want to look at this thread on doing research on AVEN:

Your assignment seems to fit the class project guidelines, but it's suggested you set up a Google Form or something like that so people can submit their answers but it's not kept on the forum. :) I'm just tagging our Dedicated Research Contact @Jarle in case he has anything to add.

1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

Hey, just a heads up, but you might want to look at this thread on doing research on AVEN:...

Your assignment seems to fit the class project guidelines, but it's suggested you set up a Google Form or something like that so people can submit their answers but it's not kept on the forum. :) I'm just tagging our Dedicated Research Contact @Jarle in case he has anything to add.

I was thinking about that. :) With responses being given here, if anyone chooses to be "anonymous," they really won't be because, with a presentation given about AVEN, it's possible that curious classmates might go on AVEN and come across this thread with responses attached to usernames. Just a head's up about that.

1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

18 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

I was thinking about that. :) With responses being given here, if anyone chooses to be "anonymous," they really won't be because, with a presentation given about AVEN, it's possible that curious classmates might go on AVEN and come across this thread with responses attached to usernames. Just a head's up about that.

Oh! I'm sorry I didn't even realize that! 

I suppose I'm off to create a Google Form!

To those who already responded ( @Dreamsexual @Anthracite_Impreza and @AllTimeBubble), y'all said you're cool with usernames being used but I understand if you'd want to edit your comment away. I'll probably repost this question with a Google form as a new topic but the question will be the same.

Thank you @Snao Cone and @InquisitivePhilosopher for bringing this to my attention!

If any new responses could wait until the form is up that would be great, I'll post here again as a notification. (And maybe after all this have a mod or someone delete or lock this?)

Anthracite_Impreza

I really don't give a shit, if I wasn't sure I wouldn't be posting on a public forum ;)

3 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

Hey, just a heads up, but you might want to look at this thread on doing research on AVEN:

I've spoken with Rey, this fits the criteria for class projects and doesn't require formal RAB approval. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Thank you all for your responses! I do not need any more as the due date has passed. We got an A-! 

• 11 months later...

@ReyGraves

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived