Hello!

PeachesMay

PeachesMay

Hello, my name is Peaches. Or at least my nickname is and has been since high school. I just turned 30 this May. For a long time I’ve been struggling with my sexuality. What am I? I don’t feel straight, and people would tell me that being bi is just a phase, and that no romantic relationship can be without sex. I still feel a struggle, but recently, I feel like I’m finally settling on what I am. That I might be asexual, but feel a romantic attraction to males and females. I hope to learn more and discover more, whether I am or not. I even started talking to my therapist about it. So, it’s good that I found this place where I can hopefully feel comfortable discussing such and make friends too. Thank you for your time!

Dreamsexual

Hello @PeachesMay

A grand WELCOME to this Forum.

Questioning is the best way to get answers!

So, ask away.

Or, if you simply need a pat on a shoulder, or someone to freak out for you:

9D7B09896C40D0E1481EC13E04300B7428ACFFE0

By, the way.. @Dreamsexual ..it's just about right time for a slice of that cake. 

Hi peaches, welcome to aven,  hope you do feel comfortable talking here and  make friends. 

While I'm here, I'd like to point out a number of useful threads and places on the AVEN. Most important is the site Terms of Service (ToS). I suggest you read them over and feel free to PM me or another mod or admin if you have any questions. Same goes for general forum questions (and you can also use this thread if you'd prefer). That said, if you have any questions about a specific forum, you should ask the moderator of that forum (you can find a list of who mods where here).

I'd also recommend poking around each forum to see what each one is about if you haven't already -- it'll get you used to the site and who the regulars are :)

Here's a few more Welcome-related or newbie links you might find useful:

Welcome to Aven, I hope you like it here

NickyTannock

@PeachesMay Welcome to AVEN!

You could be a Biromantic Asexual.

Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.

But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
There's Romantic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone.
There's Sensual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like kissing or cuddling.
There's Aesthetic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty.
There's Platonic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a deep friendship with someone.
And more.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Peach Longevity Cake,

peach_shuo_longevity_3d_cake_singaporeca

PeachesMay

Thank you everyone for your welcomes, cakes, and such! It's really nice. 😊

Archived