• Nowomasexual
    • Novosexual
    • Autosexual
    • Monosexual
    • Digisexual
    • Fictosexual

This poll is closed to new votes

LGBTAtreyu

What is your orientation, and what is it like to identify like this?

Dreamsexual

14 minutes ago, LGBTAtreyu said:

What is your orientation, and what is it like to identify like this?

Asexual--sometimes confusing and lonely (especially being surrounded by neighbors who are married and have children), wondering how much I'm missing out on, not feeling an urge to date or have a relationship with anyone. 

Dreamsexual
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:16 PM, MaggieB said:

I didn't know there are so many sexual orientations...

Duke Memphis

I don't know what most of these are.

I don't know what a third of these even are.  But yeah, ace.

I didn't know there are so many sexual orientations...

Most of these aren't even sexual orientations.  (I'm not necessarily saying they don't exist, before you go all internet police on me.)  They're just descriptors/preferences, not orientations.

If it doesn't dictate which sexes/genders you want to screw, it's not an orientation.

Ace. 

Grumpy Alien

“Straight”

I dislike labeling myself heterosexual 

Dreamsexual

Tbh whenever this question is asked my mind just goes straight to heteroromantic. Not heterosexual, not asexual, just heteroromantic. Maybe cause my romantic orientation is way more obvious and present in my life than my sexual orientation. 

Captain_Tass

I went with pansexual because I'm a sapphic grayromantic graysexual, so yeah. Didn't know whether to pick pan or ace, as neither was true, but went with pan in the end.

Dreamsexual
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Life Of Tass said:

sapphic grayromantic graysexual,

Captain_Tass
3 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

Love the phonology of your orientation.  Sounds gorgeous.

Thanks!

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Invariably asexual.

It’s definitly not a surprise that most people are ace at AVEN 

It's remarkable how far down the list "asexual" is given that this is an ace forum. I almost didn't find it amongst all those mystery labels.

Anthracite_Impreza

Asexual, but mecha everything else.

I'm asexual, and I face a lot of people thinking it's not real or not understanding it. Usually I just tell people I'm gay, but my friends understand me and I can talk to them about my lack of attraction. Sometimes I worry I won't find love. Being a lesbian, it's hard enough to find love. But it's tough when a lot of lesbians want to sext right away, and don't understand why I'm not interested in sex. I've tried to sext before, just to keep someone's interest, and I've learned not to do that. I didn't know what I was doing and completely embarrassed myself. You shouldn't have to sext right away anyway, even some allosexuals wouldn't be into it, and you just shouldn't if you don't want to. Before I realized I was ace, I knew I loved girls but couldn't figure out why the idea of sex sounded so boring. I always worried that, when I found a girlfriend and it came time for sex, I would hurt her feelings because I knew, even with having never tried it, that I wouldn't be into it. Now that I've realized I'm ace, everything makes sense. I can describe to people that romance is my focus and that I don't care about sex. I'm pretty happy with it, I see how sexual desire and attraction are such a big deal for allosexuals, and I'm pretty glad that I don't have to worry about needing to have sex as much as the people around me. 

• 1 year later...

@LGBTAtreyu

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived