Aladdin (2019)

NoraGrace

I just saw the live action Aladdin yesterday and it exceeded my expectations. Granted, my expectations were pretty low, but I actually really liked it. 

If you’ve seen it, how did you feel about it?

AllTimeBubble

I'm seeing it later today 🙌

54 minutes ago, AllTimeBubble said:

I'm seeing it later today 🙌

Nice! Hope you like it. 

AllTimeBubble

I just saw the movie, it was sooo good!

Thoughts, SPOILERS:

Spoiler

PROS

Loved how Will did genie, of course it cant compete with the original by Robin Williams but he did a good job.

I love how Jasmin got her own songs and had empowerment by the end.

Aladdin's actor matched the original cartoon perfectly.

I was constantly reminded of both the original and Starkid's Twisted (they removed Achmed, how rude) which made me nostalgic.

I enjoyed the new handmaiden character, she added a new dimension to Jasmine's life and character.

I enjoyed how the carpet and Abu were animated; they had so much life!

I also loved the references to both pantomime and Bollywood throughout the movie

The danncccinnggg!!!!!!

CONS

My main complaint is they overused the word "siree" where they could've just used sir, in that song, that is an example of some lyrics were changed uncessecarily, although it didnt take away from my enjoyment of the movie.

I also think the final scenes with Jafar were not as good as in the original and that Iago as a character was heavily restricted

krystal_muzik

I saw it on Saturday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had heard some not so good reviews so I was not expecting much. But it was well done, colorful and I loved the dancing.

Just gonna leave this here to shit on everyone's parade

10 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Just gonna leave this here to shit on everyone's parade

Well. . . shoot, Disney. Why'd you do that?

• 2 weeks later...

honestly i really loved aladdin, i was super excited to see it and it more than exceeded my expectations. i really liked how they made jasmine more focused on being there for her people instead of just there for love if that makes sense. i absolutely love the songs, and ahhh i just loved the movie in general so much

AllTimeBubble
4 minutes ago, Koala13 said:

i really liked how they made jasmine more focused on being there for her people instead of just there for love if that makes sense. 

Same, she felt a lot more developed as a character to me

SPOILER

Spoiler

I also like how in the end, she was able to marry Aladdin not because her father gave her permission as a princess, but because she is now the Sultan. My girl has power!

I haven't seen it but I just wanted to say that Mena Massoud is super hot and attractive and he's the perfect choice for the role of Aladdin 

LonesomeCrow

I saw it with my brothers and we all enjoyed it! 

Archived