Need some activity ideas for my workplace Pride group

WishfulThinker

WishfulThinker

Hey everyone,

My workplace Pride committee is looking to run some activities to raise awareness for the LGBTIQ+ community and i'm looking for some ideas of what to do. Has anyone else run activities in their workplace they can share?

Someone has suggested getting guys to walk in heels though i'm not sure what that achieves exactly.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Ace guys don't need heels. Ace girls don't need army boots. Go barefoot.

I don't know how helpful my ideas are since I've never actually put them to practice, but here goes:

-baking/decorating cake, you can use lots of colours and share it with everyone (you might have to find out if anyone has special dietary needs, so that you can make sure nobody's being excluded)

-karaoke with songs by lgbtiq+ people (or something like that)

-matching lgbtiq+ terms that most people might not be familiar with to their definition

-lgbtiq+ history quiz

I hope this is useful in some way ^^

• 2 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 9:27 AM, WishfulThinker said:

Hey everyone,

My workplace Pride committee is looking to run some activities to raise awareness for the LGBTIQ+ community and i'm looking for some ideas of what to do. Has anyone else run activities in their workplace they can share?

Someone has suggested getting guys to walk in heels though i'm not sure what that achieves exactly.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

I’m part of my company’s LGBTQ+ group and we’ve found quizzes and coffee & cake afternoons to be successful in engaging people.

28 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

I’m part of my company’s LGBTQ+ group and we’ve found quizzes and coffee & cake afternoons to be successful in engaging people.

I would recommend that too! Coffee and cake (or any kind of food and drink; I would recommend tea) make the environment relaxing and thanks to that, conversation is a lot easier and more natural. That way, you can discuss things directly and in a fun way. Besides, it's rather easy to organise.

I don't think making men wear heels is a good idea. It doesn't have anything to do with the LGBT+ community! At least, I don't see a link. It sounds like a stupid challenge invented by drunk college students!

1 hour ago, Aldis Friedman said:

I would recommend that too! Coffee and cake (or any kind of food and drink; I would recommend tea) make the environment relaxing and thanks to that, conversation is a lot easier and more natural. That way, you can discuss things directly and in a fun way. Besides, it's rather easy to organise.

I don't think making men wear heels is a good idea. It doesn't have anything to do with the LGBT+ community! At least, I don't see a link. It sounds like a stupid challenge invented by drunk college students!

I agree with the thought that making men wear high heels would have nothing to do with LGBT+ community, if guys wanna try it out, thats cool. But, seems pointless. I like the coffee and CAKE idea

Archived