Lost & Found

Useyourwords

Useyourwords

Hello all. I was in AVEN probably 10 years ago. No idea what my old name or log-in was so I started over. I’m an asexual/anti-sexual female married to a heterosexual man. We’ve been together 13 years and have a really great relationship, but he still doesn’t get the asexuality thing. He thinks he can change my mind and doesn’t believe me when I say I would be okay, and actually prefer, if he had sex elsewhere. My latest attempt to explain is “I have to pay someone to give me massages, why can’t you pay someone for this?” *sigh* Any way, I am glad to be back and hope to make some new friends.

Mahaliajoy

Welcome back! Have some cake! :cake:

Welcome back useyourwords

Sexual/asexual relationships can be difficult.

While I'm here, I'd like to point out a number of useful threads and places on the AVEN. Most important is the site Terms of Service (ToS). I suggest you read them over and feel free to PM me or another mod or admin if you have any questions. Same goes for general forum questions (and you can also use this thread if you'd prefer). That said, if you have any questions about a specific forum, you should ask the moderator of that forum (you can find a list of who mods where here).

I'd also recommend poking around each forum to see what each one is about if you haven't already -- it'll get you used to the site and who the regulars are :)

Here's a few more Welcome-related or newbie links you might find useful:

Welcome to Aven, I hope you like it here

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

Dreamsexual

Welcome to AVEN mate.  I will warn you however, relationships with sexuals and asexuals especially tend not to work due to a lack of sex. Marriages can fall apart over this.

NickyTannock

Welcome back to AVEN!

I've never had or desired either sex or a romantic relationship, but perhaps a book on Asexuality will help him to understand?

Here is a short book about Asexuality that's free to read online, http://www.asexualityarchive.com/book/

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Jules Verne’s Ephemeral Museum Cake,

qfp0fxiu65rjaanouwqo.jpg

Welcome back! I’d recommend the asexual Relationships Forum to help you figure out what to do from here (fair warning there are a few pessimists on there though) :) 

pancakecake.png

Archived