I finally joined!

Charlii

Hello there, to anyone who may read this 🙂

I guess I should introduce myself a bit first. My nickname is Charlii/Charlie - I don't mind which way it is spelt. I'm 24, Female, and I'm from the UK. It's after 1am in the morning, I'm listening to Sublime whilst I write this, and I finally decided to join this forum after discovering it last year! I've been wanting to join for ages, and finally just took the plunge. I hear you are all welcoming and offer cake 😉

I hadn't really come across the term asexual before last year. I think I came across it on Tumblr, heard about the book "The Invisible Orientation" which I started to read (still need to finish it actually) and discovered this forum! When I learned a bit more about asexuality, I had not related so much to anything before. I imagine so many of you have had the same experience, realising you are not alone! None of my family or close friends know I'm asexual, unless they have guessed from my lack of relationships! So I really hope to connect with others on here, who understand.

You might see me around on the forums, I'll try my best to be active. I'm a little shy though!

I hope you all have a wonderful day/night, I know I need to get some sleep! 💤

Welcome to AVEN.

I hope you meet some of the awesome people on the site.

Have a beautiful night. 

(Cake will be forthcoming from others, I am sure. Lol) 

dino_damage

Howdy, Charlii! Welcome to AVEN! Have some cake!

pound-cake-horizontal-jpg-1525207952.jpg

Lady.Saturnina.94

Welcome! Here's some cake! :)

Image result for cake

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

Welcome charlii, I hope you can connect with others here

While I'm here, I'd like to point out a number of useful threads and places on the AVEN. Most important is the site Terms of Service (ToS). I suggest you read them over and feel free to PM me or another mod or admin if you have any questions. Same goes for general forum questions (and you can also use this thread if you'd prefer). That said, if you have any questions about a specific forum, you should ask the moderator of that forum (you can find a list of who mods where here).

I'd also recommend poking around each forum to see what each one is about if you haven't already -- it'll get you used to the site and who the regulars are :)

Here's a few more Welcome-related or newbie links you might find useful:

Welcome to Aven, I hope you like it here

Thank you everyone 😊 I'm sure it will take me a while to get used to the forum, I haven't used one in years!

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, but I only joined AVEN last year.
I also hadn't read The Invisible Orientation until recently, because I wasn't out to my family until this year.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Fluffy Teddy Bear Cake,

nxnoc3c1m5ldqjnbs2z5.jpg

Welcome! Hello from Gatport Airwick :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Archived