Soundtracks from movies and video games

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has really cool soundtrack I think.

Movie-wise I love Hans Zimmer‘s music. Also Top Gun. Mighty Wings and Danger Zone 😎 and there‘s gonna be a new Top Gun, megahype

My personal OST faves are in no particular order

Undertale -Toby Fox has been one of my favourite composers since I started reading Homestuck

The Elder Scrolls Online (+ main theme for Skyrim) - The Morrowind theme is just beautiful in any arrangement and the rest of the soundtrack is amazing too

Gunpoint - My personal favourite when it comes to dark music

Botanicula - Made by imho one of the best music duos in Europe

Crypt of the Necrodancer - If I were at a fitness center, this would be my go-to music
BattleBlock Theater - The music captures the foolishness of the game without being too silly 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't buy several of those games just for their soundtrack

Janus the Fox

Lately the soundtracks used in the earlier Gran Tourismo 3 A-Spec and Gran Tourismo 4’s starting, ending and true closing ending credits, nostalgic omg...

21 hours ago, VibeN said:

Undertale -Toby Fox has been one of my favourite composers since I started reading Homestuck

The Genocide route and the sans boss megalovania, appropriate because ya gonna have a bad time.

1 hour ago, Janus DarkFox said:

The Genocide route and the sans boss megalovania, appropriate because ya gonna have a bad time.

I never actually killed anyone when I played the game 😆but Megalovania is one ride of a song in any arrangement

My favorite soundtrack is the Les Mis stage musical (not a movie, but meh). I listened to that on loop for months when I was young. It is still moving for me.

I'm not much of a fan of musicals. I'm more into soundtracks that are more symphonic. Or soundtracks with stuff like rock songs, usually not made specifically for the movie.

+1 for all the mentions of Assassin's Creed, I have a major soft spot for the soundtrack to ACIII. As far as movies are concerned I have loads of favourites, but Columbus comes to mind first: 

Oh man quite a few going to break it down into Which is which (note:some may be from movies or games i'm not fond of but like the soundtracks):

Movies:

Brother bear

Lion King

Oliver and Company

Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron

Titanic (the flute work in the instrumentals is gorgeous)

Blade Runner

Video Game:

Persona (all of them really)

Kingdom Hearts (i own the first games soundtrack on disk it's the only video game soundtrack i own in physical format)

Okami (just one of the many things i love about this game)

Chrono Cross (one in particular called jellyfish sea)

On 2/14/2020 at 10:09 PM, thegreatwolf said:

Oh man quite a few going to break it down into Which is which (note:some may be from movies or games i'm not fond of but like the soundtracks):

Movies:

Brother bear

Lion King

Oliver and Company

Blade Runner

Video Game:

Persona (all of them really)

Kingdom Hearts (i own the first games soundtrack on disk it's the only video game soundtrack i own in physical format)

Okami (just one of the many things i love about this game)

Chrono Cross (one in particular called jellyfish sea)

Ohh. Only now I stopped to look and realized that is Eikichi in your avatar. That's definitely one of my favorite characters from my favorite Persona game so, go you. lol

I second all of Persona ... really strongly. Particularly, I think Heaven from P4, Memories of You from P3 and Dream of Butterfly from P1P are my favorites, probably.

Other than that, I recall Tales of and Castlevania had dope OSTs too. One OST that most people will probably think "it's shit" but it's actually pretty good is Pokémon Black/White's. I also liked classics such as Sonic 3's Ice Cap or Chrono Trigger's Frog's Theme a lot. Hmm... the one I'm most eager for now is definitely FF7R's new OST, but maybe that's purely for the sentimental value :P 

5 hours ago, Hanas said:

Ohh. Only now I stopped to look and realized that is Eikichi in your avatar. That's definitely one of my favorite characters from my favorite Persona game so, go you. lol

I second all of Persona ... really strongly. Particularly, I think Heaven from P4, Memories of You from P3 and Dream of Butterfly from P1P are my favorites, probably.

Other than that, I recall Tales of and Castlevania had dope OSTs too. One OST that most people will probably think "it's shit" but it's actually pretty good is Pokémon Black/White's. I also liked classics such as Sonic 3's Ice Cap or Chrono Trigger's Frog's Theme a lot. Hmm... the one I'm most eager for now is definitely FF7R's new OST, but maybe that's purely for the sentimental value :P 

Awesome another persona 2 and Eikichi fan I'm too happy for words ,and on Pokémon black and whites soundtrack the music from what I recall of my short time playing it didn't sound terrible at all also while not a sonic fan some of tracks are pretty cool sounding.

38 minutes ago, thegreatwolf said:

Awesome another persona 2 and Eikichi fan I'm too happy for words ,and on Pokémon black and whites soundtrack the music from what I recall of my short time playing it didn't sound terrible at all also while not a sonic fan some of tracks are pretty cool sounding.

Yeah, it's too good and Eikichi is really endearing, a funny comic relief character at times but a very inspirational one at others. But honestly I like all of the main cast! I actually cosplayed before as Trish and Jun as well lol!

I forgot to post about movies, but I'm with the Hans Zimmer fan crowd. :P

13 hours ago, Hanas said:

Yeah, it's too good and Eikichi is really endearing, a funny comic relief character at times but a very inspirational one at others. But honestly I like all of the main cast! I actually cosplayed before as Trish and Jun as well lol!

I forgot to post about movies, but I'm with the Hans Zimmer fan crowd. :P

Yeah and cool I actually cosplayed jun last year for a con that's in the fall and going try and cosplay tatsuya this year and yeah han zimmers stuff is good I agree

New display name

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the legendary soundtrack that is NieR: Automata yet, but here's that playlist:

And one that really flew under the radar is Code Vein. I see hardly any fanfare for this amazing soundtrack despite it being one of the best I've ever heard:

If theres one franchise that I adore the music to it's the sonic franchise due to how energetic it can be, and this remix of rooftop run from team sonic racing is no different it's so good.

Nothing screams a fun yet adventurous sounding tune none other than cloudy court galaxy. This theme is so fun and just puts me in a good mood.

literallylexi
On 2/14/2020 at 8:09 PM, thegreatwolf said:

Movies:

Brother bear

Lion King

Oliver and Company

Blade Runner

Spirit has some really underappreciated music

thegreatwolf
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:44 AM, literallylexi said:

Spirit has some really underappreciated music

Very much agreed also underappreciated in movie terms too (for DreamWorks anyway)

Has anyone heard the music from Everybody's Gone to the Rapture? It's by Jessica Curry and it's on Spotify, I think. It's really beautiful!

dangerousPerson

Whole Shadow of the Colossus score is fantastic.

Rave On and Tecks Mecks from Killer7Pleather For Breakfast from No More Heroes.

Everyone loves Life is Beautiful from Deadly Premonition.

Guardian Heroes also has a great ost.

Twisted Tempest

• 4 weeks later...
Professor Tarknassus

Gives me goosebumps every time.

Oh heck yeah finally a thread about my music taste! xD

I love the soundtrack to Brave. It just makes me wish the movie was slightly better because even though I love them both, I feel they're not loved as much as they deserve and the movie's story is more lacking then the soundtrack.

I love Brave! Not only does it has some good old aroace rep, it's also an entire movie of scottish accent! What else could you want?

Archived