Any oneiro/somnios here?

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Didn't know what this was.

Nope, can't say that I am.

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 8:48 PM, PaganUnicorn said:

Not me but... we all have a bit of oneiro/ficto about us don't we?

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 9:02 PM, PaganUnicorn said:

...what happened?

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 9:14 PM, PaganUnicorn said:

Not sure if I have asked this already or if you've mentioned it, have you tried lucid dreaming?

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 9:19 PM, PaganUnicorn said:

How about Ocean?

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 9:27 PM, PaganUnicorn said:

Why? If I may ask.

RoseGoesToYale

I've hugged and cuddled with strangers in my regular dreams, and made out with strangers in lucid dreams, but I don't think those count...

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 9:39 PM, RoseGoesToYale said:

I've hugged and cuddled with strangers in my regular dreams, and made out with strangers in lucid dreams, but I don't think those count...

RoseGoesToYale
1 minute ago, Dreamsexual said:

Were they satisfyingly?  Do you crave them again?  Are they better than humans?

I don't know if they're better than humans in other ways, because I've never done them, except for hugging, humans are better. It feels real and quite satisfying in the dreams but when I wake up the satisfaction is gone, like it never happened. The lucid dreams feel like a distant memory that belongs to someone else.

Funny thing is, if I'm craving it, it will not happen in the dreams. Only happens when my mind is otherwise preoccupied.

Dreamsexual

CelesteAdAstra

I once kissed someone in a dream, and I remember that the butterflies I felt then were some wild little rascals 😂 Certainly more intense than when you only, ahem, imagine it. And the memory of the feeling stayed with me for some time! I hope that real kisses will even exceed it, but being a kiss-virgin, only time will tell 🤷‍♀️

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 9:58 PM, CelesteAdAstra said:

I once kissed someone in a dream, and I remember that the butterflies I felt then were some wild little rascals 😂 Certainly more intense than when you only, ahem, imagine it. And the memory of the feeling stayed with me for some time! I hope that real kisses will even exceed it, but being a kiss-virgin, only time will tell 🤷‍♀️

Yup, fictional characters are far more interesting than people. Sadly I  can still fall in love with real people. Unless it's the Matrix, then we're good.

CelesteAdAstra

@Dreamsexual Have you tried thinking about those romantic encounters directly before going to bed? I once read somewhere that there's a good chance that people will dream about what they thought of in the last 10 minute before falling asleep.

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 10:10 PM, CelesteAdAstra said:

@Dreamsexual Have you tried thinking about those romantic encounters directly before going to bed? I once read somewhere that there's a good chance that people will dream about what they thought of in the last 10 minute before falling asleep.

Dreamsexual
On 24 May 2019 at 10:04 PM, KrystalLost said:

Sadly I  can still fall in love with real people.

Dreamsexual

CelesteAdAstra

Yeah, sometimes the subconscious has a will of its own... But you're right, you never know when it may comply and give you the sweetest dreams 😁

Anthracite_Impreza

I don't think I've ever dreamed of anything romantic, I never really thought about it before. Most of my dreams are either mundane life stuff or weird-arse action thrillers.

Custard Cream
46 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

And speaking of dreams ... Time for me to sleep.  Maybe I will find Ocean in my dream world tonight ... Please. :)

Hope you find Ocean and have an excellent dream.

I've never had a lucid dream.  My brain tends to produce stories that are either hilarious or terrifying-  rarely anything romantic or sexual.  But hey, having dreams about fighting mimics that look like sports cars from the deck of a ferry is a fun time, too.

Dreamsexual
On 25 May 2019 at 12:31 AM, PaganUnicorn said:

Have you asked them why?

Celyn: The Lutening

I'm glad you made this thread because it makes me feel less crazy for having a dream partner. I have very similar experiences to what @Dreamsexual describes, with them very vivid, on my mind for weeks.

The difference is that he's never rejected me, only walked past me without speaking, or faded out of existence. Sometimes I'll be in a building and know he's in that building somewhere but wake up before I can search all the rooms.

I have asked him why he walked past me the first time it happened the next time I saw him, he says he doesn't have any more control over the dreamscape than I do. You know those dreams where you try to run or scream but can't? It was like that for him, he wanted to say hi and hug me but couldn't.

Dreamsexual
On 25 May 2019 at 9:31 AM, Celyn said:

because it makes me feel less crazy for having a dream partner

Custard Cream

I've tried to reach my ficto character in dreams but i haven't managed it yet.  I have to be at least vaguely conscious.  Slightly jealous!

Dreamsexual
On 25 May 2019 at 9:45 AM, CustardCream said:

I've tried to reach my ficto character in dreams but i haven't managed it yet.  I have to be at least vaguely conscious.  Slightly jealous!

Celyn: The Lutening

Putting effort into reaching my dream partner almost never works, it happens when it happens.

Archived