Which one should I get?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I get?

• Red
    • Yellow

This poll is closed to new votes

Squirrel Combat

I chose red. But...those are ancient! Like, for, real? Or are these toys? 🤣

I thought I was living in Triassic times.

1 minute ago, Squirrel Combat said:

If you know a better phone with buttons and no forced internet (that look fun, not black), do tell :P

Yellow.  Cheerier.

My grandma has to use a phone that looks just like one of these.  She cannot handle a smartphone, it's way too complex for her and she insists on having actual buttons.

Squirrel Combat

moscowrussia-january-31-2015-old-260nw-2

I say go for the basics.

I'm pretty sure "won't fit in my pocket" is like, the antithesis of fun.

Grumpy Alien

Are these still alive from 2001 or are Nokia still somehow making enough money on them to produce them still? Even my grandparents have smartphones these days 😂

Slice of Ace

Hmm, I am tempted to get a phone which doesn't have all those pointless apps and dreadful battery. But then again, smartphones can be useful in a cinch, I keep in contact with some friends through apps, and I wouldn't be able to see if someone comments on a video while away from a computer. Le sigh

Oh, and I went yellow 🙂

I voted for red

I want a phone without internet and apps, you know ... one you only call and text from.

I do want it to be able to fit into my pocket, so the suggestion above is not really an option.

Thank's for the votes so far :P and as mentioned earlier, if you know a goodlooking basic cellphone, tell me about it.

36 minutes ago, Marian the Herbalist said:

I want a phone without internet and apps, you know ... one you only call and text from.

I do want it to be able to fit into my pocket, so the suggestion above is not really an option.

So then you'll have less distractions. That's a good idea, though newer generations will find that transition very hard. For me at least, I grew up with a very basic phone and dint get one with the internet until I was 17. 

2 minutes ago, CajunAce said:

So then you'll have less distractions. That's a good idea, though newer generations will find that transition very hard. For me at least, I grew up with a very basic phone and dint get one with the internet until I was 17. 

I never transitioned to a smartphone completely. I never wanted one, I held on to button phones for as long as I could until my family forced one of their old touch phones on me, which is the one I got now.
I've turned off wifi, mobile data and I try my best to avoid clicking random shit, but I really really really don't like it. I want a button phone, and no accidental google-click. Most basic phones look boring nowadays, atleast these nokias are colourful.

CelesteAdAstra

Voted yellow!

I totally get what you mean, I'm annoyed by how much of a distraction phones are these days. I currently have a smartphone after resisting for many years, too. I catch myself staring at it all the time without meaning to, it's frustrating 😱

everywhere and nowhere

I'm 38 years old and I use a non-smartphone mobile. More precisely, one like this (Nokia 6210):

147px-Nokia_6210.jpg

I actually prefer an old-type mobile. First: I really can't handle these tiny touchscreen keyboards, my fingers are too thick for typing on such a thing. As far as I know, touchscreens also can't be used with gloves on - and for me it's not even a seasonal problem, due to my allergy I wear cotton gloves all year long to hide scratches on my hands. I wouldn't want to need to buy more expensive gloves for smartphones. And besides, I'm just a technological conservative. I don't enjoy learning new technologies, I prefer to stick to ones I already know. It's pretty much instinctive for me to think that if I had been doing just fine without certain functions in my phone, then do I really need them and why should I want to get them?

Whichever one you like better, but I'd go for the red.

I definitely understand preferring to have an ordinary cell phone rather than a smart phone. I had one until late last year when I realized I needed a portable way to scan credit cards without having to bring my laptop and find a power outlet (I exhibit and sell comics and art at conventions), and I still kind of wish I could just have a normal cell phone... but at least text messages are slightly easier with the smart phone, and it would've been silly to have two different phones. At least 90% of what the smart phone can do are things that I don't want to use it for, and would only use my laptop or desktop for. Of course, the reason I got a cell phone at all to begin with was that my parents bought me one when I started driving so that I could phone for help if the car broke down... I still consider it mostly an emergency beacon and prefer to use the house phone when making calls.

Damn at first I thought you were kidding. Those kind of phones are still being sold? I would go crazy trying to use a phone like that lol 

I voted red, mostly because I am rough with phones they get dirty easy

Skycaptain

Nokia reintroduced them due to the demand, people want basic phones, also they're just about indestructible 

Red 

• 3 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

it's okay, but do they have those in green?

seriously, though, technology went so fast we even have nano SIM cards today that are way too small for the "retro" phones. I'm just not sure if current things will be sufficient for such a phone to even make it work. i may be wrong, though. I have been using smartphones for the last 7 years or so. and I find it useful because I can pay my bills using it, for example.

Yellow. You won't be able to lose it as easily.

Custard Cream

They look nicely retro! I prefer the yellow, but they are both good.

Red. The yellow looks more like a toy (although I guess it's less likely to be stolen that way)

I think they look cute. I like both but the yellow seems cool

I voted yellow, because that's the one I have myself. I initially thought I wanted the red one, but the colour looked weird when I looked at the phone irl.

Do look at them in a store before you decide, though, the colours really look different on a screen. (Assuming this is still relevant)

Also the display scratches relatively easily, so maybe treat it with a bit more care than most Nokias need(ed).

• 2 months later...

Voted yellow! Somehow I think it matches your avatar. :)

• 1 month later...
Fraggle Underdark

I'm just going through old polls and thought this was about general color preference. I'm sorry I couldn't help you pick out a phone in May!

I'll see myself out.

• 6 months later...

@Marian the Herbalist

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived