abc.net.au — What does it mean to be a demisexual? And are you one?

Homer

More and more people are identifying with the idea, but what is demisexuality?

Put very simply, a person who is demisexual only feels sexually attracted to someone once they’ve made a strong emotional connection.

May 20, 2019 - https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/the-hook-up/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-demisexual-and-are-you-one/11130718

"Put very simply, a person who is demisexual only feels sexually attracted to someone once they’ve made a strong emotional connection."  - if this definition of this term then its 100% about me. But i always thought its a  usual thing that common for most people. Iv never considered it as something special. Seems like i was wrong?:)

3 minutes ago, PaganUnicorn said:

Ive been told most women are demisexuals.

Yes thats more correct for sure. 

Aimeendfire
5 minutes ago, PaganUnicorn said:

Ive been told most women are demisexuals.

I think that’s mostly because of how women are raised to think of sex. 

“Sex is a very special thing that should only be had with someone you love and blah blah.”

As opposed to men where sex to them is generally portrayed as practice so you can please the one you love eventually .

This is the first time I've seen this "allo" thing outside AVEN or Dumblr... would be interesting to know how many readers know what that means without looking it up.

Aimeendfire
5 minutes ago, Homer said:

This is the first time I've seen this "allo" thing outside AVEN or Dumblr... would be interesting to know how many readers know what that means without looking it up.

I would speculate ....none

Archived