What's the difference between Greygender and Demigender?

ixi

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please explain the difference between Greygender and Demigender? To me it sounds quite similar. Thanks in advance for your replies.☺️

letusdeleteouraccounts

I haven’t heard of greygenders but I’ve heard of demigirl and demiboy. That’s where your dysphoria fluctuates to a point where you are more comfortable with being either male or female but only most of the time rather than all the time

no-longer-in-use

Greygender - Not feeling like you fully have a gender, nor feeling entirely agender; existing somewhere on the spectrum between those two points. Having a vague and weak sense of gender, and/or being apathetic about your gender.

Demigender - Identifying partially as a gender. E.g. a demigirl would identify partially as a girl, and partially as something else.

They are similar, but different. Also, not to call you out, Star Lion, but your definition of demigender is not quite accurate.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:17 PM, Star Lion said:

I’ve heard of demigirl and demiboy. That’s where your dysphoria fluctuates to a point where you are more comfortable with being either male or female but only most of the time rather than all the time

Being demigender doesn't necessarily have anything to do with dysphoria. You can have any amount of dysphoria and be demigender. Being demigender simply means you identify partially as a certain gender; dysphoria has got nothing to do with it.

Archived