But do you want to lick it? - how I figured out I was ace

Nodel

Trying to figure out my sexuality has been tough mostly because how the heck do you know you don’t feel something. If you’ve never felt sexually attraction how do you know to separate it from aesthetic attraction?

I was wrestling with this very idea while I was at the beach not that long ago and came to a conclusion. You ask yourself one simple question: “Do you want to lick it?”

I’m a sculptor. And spend a lot of time looking at peoples bodies and admiring their form. (Aesthetic attraction) And for the longest time I thought that was sexual attraction. 

So I was trying to figure out the difference at the beach. Looking at lots of pretty people in very little clothing. And for every person I was admiring I asked myself if I wanted to lick whatever body part of theirs I was admiring. 

The answer was always a quick and definite NO!

No matter how pretty they were that wasn’t the type of interaction I wanted. Thinking “oh wow they’re beautiful!” Isn’t the same as sexual attraction and it’s taken me way too long to figure that out. 

Dreamsexual
On 21 May 2019 at 9:34 PM, Nodel said:

very idea while I was at the beach not that long ago and came to a conclusion. You ask yourself one simple question: “Do you want to lick it?”

Aimeendfire

Glad that works for you but I have never looked at random peeps out there and thought to myself that I want to lick them and I know there are many sexual on here who feel the same.

I am not ace btw. 

Dreamsexual
On 21 May 2019 at 10:05 PM, Aimeendfire said:

Glad that works for you but I have never looked at random peeps out there and thought to myself that I want to lick them and I know there are many sexual on here who feel the same.

I am not ace btw. 

Liking people? I think that at least some non-age people that I know don’t want to do that.

This thread is so weird. 😂

Here's my coming out tale... I knew I wasn't asexual because when I see cakes in a bakery, I've never had the desire to lick them. And I hate frosting. It's really gross. 

Just now, Jade Cross said:

I thought this was gonna be a thread about tootsie roll pops like the old commercial

Back when I learned that owls are very snarky.

2 minutes ago, Skullery Maid said:

And I hate frosting. It's really gross.

My poor child, who tortured you with cake icing as a child? I just don't understand how things could have turned out otherwise unless you were somehow made to hate it.😁 I'm kidding of course.

Dreamsexual

Anthracite_Impreza

*thinks the thread is gonna be some story that will repulse them, reads the comments, pisses self*

Aimeendfire
7 minutes ago, Skullery Maid said:

This thread is so weird. 😂

Here's my coming out tale... I knew I wasn't asexual because when I see cakes in a bakery, I've never had the desire to lick them. And I hate frosting. It's really gross. 

My husband bakes “cakes”but he also doesn’t like frosting so really...is it even a cake or just bread. 

Just now, ByeYall! said:

...and that goat. I'm not sure what to think about it. I know some people who kind of come at you like that. Its frightening

Omg that's true tho.

1 minute ago, CBC said:

I really gotta get working on that book about how to hate random things. Owls are still at the top of my list. You still gonna illustrate it for me?

Obviously yes... Semi stick figures are all the rage these days 

Just now, Aimeendfire said:

My husband bakes “cakes”but he also doesn’t like frosting so really...is it even a cake or just bread. 

Muffin. Really big muffin. 

I bit my sisters dog the other day so I don't think I would have any real problems with licking a stranger, at least not in an erogenous zone. But I don't want to get sexy with them. 

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, CBC said:

Can I offer you some clean undies, @Anthracite_Impreza?

Spoiler

granny-panties-2.jpg

Spoiler

20-hilarious-corgi-memes-proving-they-we

Just now, ByeYall! said:

I bit my sisters dog the other day so I don't think I would have any real problems with licking a stranger, at least not in an erogenous zone. But I don't want to get sexy with them. 

I hope you had a valid reason for biting the dog??

Yeah the dog was biting me, you know, so I bit him. Its a sign of affection amongst members of wild dog packs. So I love the big headed bastard so I figured it beat frenching him?? 

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, CBC said:

@Anthracite_Impreza Oh my godddd that was not what I meant!!! 😂

I know but I've been waiting for an excuse to use that one and I couldn't pass it up xD

Plus, it's true :P

Dreamsexual

Anthracite_Impreza

Welcome to AVEN @Nodel :P

Aimeendfire
7 minutes ago, CBC said:

I bit my kindergarten teacher on the first day of school when I was four. I was angry at her. It seemed reasonable at the time. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Omg I was bitten by my student (also a 4 year old) my first year of teaching . 

Anthracite_Impreza

A rabbit bit my chest when I was younger, chest being the least dysphoria-inducing term for what you can gather. I still have the scar.

All of these responses are hilarious and I’m glad my weird mental gymnastics have spawned something that’s made people laugh. 😂

I’ve  just had a tough time separating out sexual attraction from aesthetic, sensual and romantic attraction and this helped me sort it out just a bit. Thought people would find it funny if nothing else. 

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, CBC said:

I have a... chest scar... as well. Or, more accurately, a boob scar. Nothing bit me, though. I slept on a faulty heating pad and got a very nasty burn. Couple years ago now, so I'm guessing I have my boob scar for good.

*makes various faces all along the lines of "ouch"*

RoseGoesToYale

TMI? Idk, but it's relevant

Spoiler

This reminded me of a girls night my friends and I had years ago. My (very sexual) friend at the time was describing various things she and her boyfriend had done recently. This was a frequent occurrence. This girl was like, the god of sex. She knew everything there was to know about it (or so it seemed), and we listened aptly. No lie, a good third of my sex ed came from her.

Anyway, she was describing several licking incidents, and then she said a person's skin color determined how their skin tastes. My other friend and I were like "WHAAAT??" She went on to explain that caramel-colored skin tastes like caramel, brown skin tastes like chocolate, and white skin tastes like salt. My other friend and I looked at each other with that "Is she full of shit again?" look. Because she was regularly full of shit of all sorts.

When she left to use the bathroom, my other friend and I both licked our own arms to be sure and determined neither of us tasted like salt, and that she must be full of shit again. But we never said anything...

That was back when I thought I was sexual, it confused me for a very long time, and probably still does.

Archived