Tea!

Grumpy Alien
4 hours ago, Strange-quark said:

Yellow label 

I know it's horrible, but still

giphy.gif

Apple cinnamon tea, and green tea. Sometimes black tea. Also it must be iced.

SorryNotSorry

I'm not into drinking tea, but once in a while I'll try blending a new color when I make a batch of stained glass teardrop earrings. My latest color is—you guessed it—tea, made by blending clear and brown glass with a trace of green. Aqua has thus far been the most difficult color to make.

I'm southern so Lipton tea brewed strong so you don't weaken it with melting ice and about 50% sugar. Tasty but more than two glasses and you get diabetes. 

Mezzo Forte

I love all kinds of teas, but because of my hypersensitivity to caffeine, I can only regularly drink teas that are 100% caffeine-free, so I generally stick to herbals. It stinks because I love green teas as well as black teas (especially amber teas like Assam), but I cannot drink them without becoming an anxious mess. (You could probably imagine that coffee is a joy too because of that. :P)

My go-to teas tend to be mint teas, but I also enjoy plenty of fruit teas (especially peach), chamomile teas, and rooibos teas as well.

Celyn: The Lutening
1 hour ago, Mezzo Forte said:

I cannot drink them without becoming an anxious mess

I can't either but l still drink black tea like it's water then pretend my anxiety has nothing to do with it 🤷‍♂️

I wanted to grow my own tea plants before but I don’t have enough money or space just yet.

Grumpy Alien
13 hours ago, ByeYall! said:

I'm southern so Lipton tea brewed strong so you don't weaken it with melting ice and about 50% sugar. Tasty but more than two glasses and you get diabetes. 

giphy.gif

I’m so horrified by what the American south thinks is tea 😂

I like iced tea.  Specifically, Lipton instant (powdered) tea mixed slightly weak, with no lemon or sugar.

Peppermint. I used to love all kinds of black tea, however I became "allergic" (it makes me very sick) to caffeine and can no longer have black tea.

Grumpy Alien

When people say black tea... what kind?

English breakfast tea with semi skimmed milk and sugar. Has to be loose leaf. Not teabags. Not just for breakfast. Any time of day.!

I just ordered some more Harney & Sons tea (in sachets)

Mysterywriter221

I love a 40-60 blend of Earl Grey and Irish Breakfast. It's heaven in a mug. 

Grumpy Alien
27 minutes ago, Mysterywriter221 said:

I love a 40-60 blend of Earl Grey and Irish Breakfast. It's heaven in a mug. 

Good lord where can I buy that??

Mysterywriter221
18 minutes ago, disGraceful said:

Good lord where can I buy that??

I blend it myself. 

When I don't have any loose leaf on hand I'll toss a bag of Earl Grey and a bag of Irish Breakfast in the same teapot. It's not quite as good but it works. 

Grumpy Alien
12 minutes ago, Mysterywriter221 said:

I blend it myself. 

When I don't have any loose leaf on hand I'll toss a bag of Earl Grey and a bag of Irish Breakfast in the same teapot. It's not quite as good but it works. 

I’m going to try this... I don’t know if I’ll love it or hate it but it’s worth a shot

Either just bog standard Yorkshire tea or PG tips, Twinings Earl Grey, or T2 Melbourne Breakfast. 

LlamaLlord

The earl grey/ Irish breakfast mix sounds yum. I'll have to get some Irish breakfast and try it out.

I loooooove t2's Russian caravan (so much smokey goodness). I generally have earl grey (twinings, but sometimes french earl grey), roobois, oolong and/or jasmine tea from the local Asian grocery, and a rotating assortment of flavoured black teas (and the moment choc-mint, blackberry, and one with lemongrass and rosemary and a bunch of other things I can't remember). I don't go for herbal teas much, but I do like Turkish apple

kiaroskuro

I like actual tea, made out of tea plant leaves, like black tea, green tea, oolong etc.

Some herbal teas - or mixtures - are nice, like rooibos or liquorice root "teas", but I usually don't like tisanes.

Thankfully the weather here has been cool enough that I have been able to enjoy the new teas I recently bought (yesterday I had Earl Grey Supreme and today I had Hot Cinnamon Spice).

• 4 weeks later...
Captain_Tass

UPDATE: Found a wonderful brand of tea here and bought their apple tea, which was exactly like the one I had in Istanbul and some rooibos. I'm drinking it right now and I've gotta say that I really like it!

On 5/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, LlamaLlord said:

I loooooove t2's Russian caravan (so much smokey goodness

Yessss! 

Or lapsang souchong.

T2 jade mountain is the only green tea I've liked.

Celestial_Strawberry

I really enjoy mint tea! That's the only one that I've enjoyed so far, but I'm on the look out for another kind that I like. I might like chamomile if I tried it. I'm open to trying pretty much any kind.

green tea  mostly

I do like some with pineapple in it when I'm congested

I love Kenyan black tea because I went to Kenya when I was in college. I actually toured a tea plantation there, so this kind of tea is special to me. I like it plain, sometimes I will add some milk, but sweet tea makes me gag, so I don't drink it like they do in Kenya. I also like Japanese green teas, Kenyan green teas, Taiwanese oolong tea. I recently got a nice ginger puerh that I like. I also go for some flavored teas like raspberry sencha, and chocolate black tea. For the last couple of years I've been looking around online (mostly YouTube) to see how people make tea around the world, and trying it myself. People in Africa and Asia post a lot of stuff about how they make their tea, but Europe doesn't.

aisofhearts

Peppermint, Honey chamomile, or black tea with some milk, honey, and butter cookies. It's lovely. 

AceMissBehaving

I am a fickle heart when it comes to tea, but my current favorite is  silver needle white tea

I love white tea too or the second infusion of green tea.

When I want something spicy, I have tulsi with ginger or lemon. I often drink infusions as I need to reduce my cafeine consumption.

AwkwardAxolotl

I may or may not have had to build an extra shelf in the kitchen to house all of my teas, but that doesn't mean I have a problem. My current favorites are chai, lemon ginger, rooibos, and a mint tea with a little bit of tarragon.

Archived