Tea!

NickyTannock

I'd say Rooibos because I'm originally from South Africa, where I drank it regularly.

Dreamsexual

A. Sterling

Plain English Awake Black Tea. Or Peach Iced Tea. Or Honey Green Tea. Depends on if I'm tired or not.

Asexual_Goddess

Technically hot chocolate is cocoa bean tea... if it’s made in water...

herbal, fruity, spicy, and some black teas. 

everywhere and nowhere

Hard to say... because what I love most about teas is trying all the different flavours. Perhaps I'll list my today's tea consumption so far:

1. Some herbal tea for allergy, I don't know how do all the ingredients translate. And it surely won't help much, but won't do harm anyway.

2. Lapsang Souchong (Chinese smoked tea) with Earl Grey flavour.

3. Li Zi Xiang First Flush green tea.

4. Pu-erh tea with pomegranate and bergamot flavour.

5. Some herbal tea for blood circulation, see point 1.

6. Yerba mate with spices (cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper etc.).

7. Mint "fortified" with a bit of mint oil.

8. Rooibos with strawberry and vanilla flavour.

9. Fruit tea with apple, cherry, kiwi, cranberry and some other ingredients (without hibiscus, unlike most fruit teas).

10. Genmaicha (which is, by itself, green tea with roasted rice) with cocoa, coconut, malt, caramel, cookie and popcorn flavour...

One of the examples of my teamania is that I never drink the same tea more than once daily.

CelesteAdAstra

Strawberry Cake Tea 😍

Custard Cream

Earl Grey if I am feeling fancy, or English breakfast if not.

Captain_Tass

Arizona iced tea, and iced tea in general. I know, I'm an uncultured swine when it comes to tea but I tend to not like anything that's been watered down and since tea is basically water and leaf juice (cue upset uncle Iroh) I find it a bit tough to drink regular tea, no matter how much sugar I throw in there. I've been wanting to try milk tea though.

Also, I'm selling a fraction of my soul for the oddest/rarest fruit juice at the store. And I love coffee (lots of sugar, tons of cream though. @CustardCream, the flyperson shines through on my IRL tastes!) so I thought that I'd really enjoy plain tea. But yeah, no.

Already bracing myself for all the "you uncultured swine"s thrown my way.

Oh, I almost forgot! I once drank Turkish tea in Istanbul. It was quite nice!

46 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Hard to say... because what I love most about teas is trying all the different flavours. Perhaps I'll list my today's tea consumption so far:

1. Some herbal tea for allergy, I don't know how do all the ingredients translate. And it surely won't help much, but won't do harm anyway.

2. Lapsang Souchong (Chinese smoked tea) with Earl Grey flavour.

3. Li Zi Xiang First Flush green tea.

4. Pu-erh tea with pomegranate and bergamot flavour.

5. Some herbal tea for blood circulation, see point 1.

6. Yerba mate with spices (cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper etc.).

7. Mint "fortified" with a bit of mint oil.

8. Rooibos with strawberry and vanilla flavour.

9. Fruit tea with apple, cherry, kiwi, cranberry and some other ingredients (without hibiscus, unlike most fruit teas).

10. Genmaicha (which is, by itself, green tea with roasted rice) with cocoa, coconut, malt, caramel, cookie and popcorn flavour...

One of the examples of my teamania is that I never drink the same tea more than once daily.

Wow, now I want to try all of these! Maybe I've just been drinking tea wrong... And shopping for tea all wrong. All I'd been buying is lipton...

1 hour ago, MichaelTannock said:

I'd say Rooibos because I'm originally from South Africa, where I drank it regularly.

Sounds interesting! I'd like to try that too!

Any kind of sweet fruit tea!

I love the smell of herbal teas, but I don't like the taste at all lol. I may make a cup when I'm sick just to smell and relax

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Rooibos is the only tea I drink. I always put rice milk in it. 

Captain_Tass
3 minutes ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Rooibos is the only tea I drink. I always put rice milk in it. 

Ooh, rice milk is AWESOME with tea!

Ace of Mind

I'm personally fond of tea made using only espresso powder.

For some reason, people keep telling me I'm doing it wrong though... 

*shrug*

*sips espresso* 

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

My mom and two brothers like to drink black tea. I used to drink it, but I don't anymore and haven't for several years.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty
1 minute ago, Life Of Tass said:

Ooh, rice milk is AWESOME with tea!

😄

everywhere and nowhere
24 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Sounds interesting! I'd like to try that too!

Rooibos is very nice, has a natural sweet flavour. I have completely stopped adding sugar to any teas (maybe once in a loooong while I may add some sugar to a particularly sour fruit tea), but anyway - rooibos is so sweet by itself that there's really no point in adding sugar. (Although... once I had rooibos with lemongrass, lemon peel and cardamom, which was a disappointment. The cardamom pretty much couldn't be tasted, but the lemon additives made the tea so sour that I would prepare it with some tangerine syrup.)

As a "higher school of driving", as it's called in Poland: there are two kinds of rooibos. You know the difference between black and green tea, yes? They both come from leaves of Camellia sinensis, but black tea is oxidised before drying and green tea isn't. Rooibos comes from leaves of Aspalatus linearis and "ordinary rooibos", which is indeed reddish-brown (the name means "red bush" in Dutch), is made in a way similar to black tea. Unoxidised rooibos is greenish and has a more herbal-grassy flavour. Available rather as loose tea, nt in supermarkets, but worth trying.

There is also honeybush, made from leaves of Cyclopia intermedia. It too comes from South Africa and has a yet sweeter, more honey-like flavour than rooibos. It too can have a green variant, but I have yet to try green honeybush.

And don't worry too much that you have been "uncultured" when it comes to tea. I, for example, just cannot appreciate coffee, I can't stand its taste.

By the way, right now I have drunk rooibos (red) with pieces of candied green lemon, papaya, banana, saffron, and sunflower, cornflower and rose petals. Very nice and refreshing.

Dreamsexual

Captain_Tass
4 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Rooibos is very nice, has a natural sweet flavour. I have completely stopped adding sugar to any teas (maybe once in a loooong while I may add some sugar to a particularly sour fruit tea), but anyway - rooibos is so sweet by itself that there's really no point in adding sugar. (Although... once I had rooibos with lemongrass, lemon peel and cardamom, which was a disappointment. The cardamom pretty much couldn't be tasted, but the lemon additives made the tea so sour that I would prepare it with some tangerine syrup.)

As a "higher school of driving", as it's called in Poland: there are two kinds of rooibos. You know the difference between black and green tea, yes? They both come from leaves of Camellia sinensis, but black tea is oxidised before drying and green tea isn't. Rooibos comes from leaves of Aspalatus linearis and "ordinary rooibos", which is indeed reddish-brown (the name means "red bush" in Dutch), is made in a way similar to black tea. Unoxidised rooibos is greenish and has a more herbal-grassy flavour. Available rather as loose tea, nt in supermarkets, but worth trying.

There is also honeybush, made from leaves of Cyclopia intermedia. It too comes from South Africa and has a yet sweeter, more honey-like flavour than rooibos. It too can have a green variant, but I have yet to try green honeybush.

And don't worry too much that you have been "uncultured" when it comes to tea. I, for example, just cannot appreciate coffee, I can't stand its taste.

By the way, right now I have drunk rooibos (red) with pieces of candied green lemon, papaya, banana, saffron, and sunflower, cornflower and rose petals. Very nice and refreshing.

Thanks for all the info! It was very interesting and now I'm really curious to try some rooibos. Guess that this will be my goal for the summer!

Aimeendfire

My favorite was Assam Rain but unfortunately it’s not made anymore .

qwkLO0Y.jpg

ShyFeather

Sakura hojicha. It's roasted green tea mixed with cherry blossom flowers. It has a smooth floral taste, and since it's roasted it has less caffeine than regular green tea.

Custard Cream
1 hour ago, Life Of Tass said:

And I love coffee (lots of sugar, tons of cream though. @CustardCream, the flyperson shines through on my IRL tastes!)

😂 why doesn't that surprise me!

Herbs FTW. Nettle tea is pretty good.

Rooibos is awful and milk does not belong anywhere near tea. There, I said it.

Grumpy Alien

Oh god where to start...

No particular order: Earl Grey, chai, matcha, rose, Irish breakfast

Archived