Where to move to?

Balance

So I'm trying to decide on a new city/town to move to. Where exactly do many of the Ace types live/exist?

I've been in NM for several years but the heat is really bothering me. It's not as dry as AZ but it's too hot for me. I grew up in NJ/NY area so I'm more familiar with NJ/NY/PA but I probably can't afford NYC area anymore. I can handle some humidity more like NJ/NY but I can't handle bad humidity like in the deep south. I'm OK with some snow, but wouldn't want a hurricane/tornado area. I tried the Chicago area at one point but I think I'm not enough of a mind reader to grasp mid-western hinting, or that's just what I experienced there.  I'm retired so I wouldn't need to commute. Any suggestions? Even if I could get a few areas to focus on it would help. Thanks!

You might want to do a poll. I doubt there exists info regarding the statewise ace demographics.

Upstate New York is lovely, if you don't mind snow.  As for cities there, I would recommend Buffalo, since it's neither entirely gentrified nor an apparent war zone.

Indiana. It's cheap. It's quiet. That's about all it is. Nothing more. This is one of those states people drive through to get somewhere else. There is every sort of weather pattern here except hurricanes. Yet. Floods, droughts, tornadoes, blizzards, you name it. Not as bad as Oklahoma though. I know we have tornadoes but in over 50 years of living here I've seen tornado damage only once. Hail is a much more common problem. May and September have nice weather though. There are earthquakes now and then. If New York is America's front door and Los Angeles is the back door, Indiana must be the pantry. Not the brightest of places but at least you will never starve to death. Small towns tend to be conservative and haven't changed much over the last 50 years. Indianapolis is the world's largest small town. It's much more liberal and sometimes it seems odd that such a conservative state could have such a visible LGBT community. In fact there will be a huge pride parade soon. I mention this because it is sometimes a nice place to find companionship if one is ace and prefers company of the opposite sex.  One really needs their own transportation here. The highways aren't congested all the time because the population is still small enough. We have a public transportation system but you need to be on one of the major bus lines if you want to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time. Taxi service is a gamble. A lot of the time the drivers can't find where you want to go even with GPS. They drive around in circles and you loose both time and money.  Mid western hinting? This must be some telepathic power I've never developed.

Thanks for your responses. I've been considering NY state but havent' found anything yet. Hadn't considered IN, I thought it would be similar to chicago/IL, or KY.

I thought of doing a poll but I dont' know how unless I came up with every major city, but it would be interesting to know where the Aces are. If I've known aces, they've never told me.

If there's anyone else who knows of decent but affordable/cheap cities/towns, let me know.  😊

I'd suggest the Pacific Northwest (I'm kind of partial to it), but it's not cheap here.

3 hours ago, daveb said:

I'd suggest the Pacific Northwest (I'm kind of partial to it), but it's not cheap here.

Seconded this. 

Maybe the carribean near a volcano or mountain so the wind keeps mosquitoes away.

Archived