Languages

I am currently in the process of learning Japanese though it's going to take a year or two to make me fluent. I love Japanese because it's so polite and thoughtful, I earlier used to learn it just because it sounds nice, but it's more than that. 

Other than that, I really want to learn Latin, Malayalam and Korean one day. Latin because it sounds really heavenly, Malayalam because it's one of the most interesting languages in my country and Korean because it is a sweet. I even want to pick up Sanskrit which I had dropped earlier, since I love its complexity. I have a thing for dying and Asian languages I guess. 🤔

Hey. I am from Ukraine and speak Ukrainian and Russian. I can’t imagine how "lucky" I was to be born in a non-English speaking country (sarcasm). I would really like to learn English in order to understand what people are writing about, what they talk about in movies and on YouTube. The English-speaking Internet community is huge and very different from Russian or Ukrainian.
In our time, Google helps us a lot, by creating services like Google Translate. I can translate the entire page from English to Russian in one click of the button and read it. But it most likely makes me more stupid, since I read your messages, and I can only answer with the help of Google Translate.
Some time ago I was watching one guy on YouTube and he said

“English today is a tool, just like the ability to drive a car. Before, in the era of the birth of a car, only trained people could drive it, but now everyone who can pass the test for driving. Similarly with English, once in the USSR only some scientists or special services or translators owned the English, and now it is accessible to everyone. "

I fully support the words of this person. And I want to force myself to learn this language as soon as possible.
There is one more thought, I sometimes dreamed that it would be possible to improve my brain by adding new programs to it, just like in the legendary film The Matrix. But this is just a dream.
I wish you all success. I will be glad to receive from you good tips on learning English. Most of all, I am probably interested in a set of vocabulary and the use of simple grammar. I am 22 years old. Before communication.
The text was translated from Russian with the help of Google Translate.

LittleTaliMagpie

Personally, I think it'd be easier to list the languages I don't want to learn 😂

At the moment, I'm thinking I should concentrate on learning romance languages, since I already know French pretty well, and improving my Japanese. First one I wanna do is Spanish, then Italian, Portuguese, and so on.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, vladvoly said:

I wish you all success. I will be glad to receive from you good tips on learning English.

In order to improve your English, I'd just recommend that you use it as much as possible, by communicating with people in real life or online, talking or just writing comments on videos that you watch, for example. Good luck with your endeavour to master the language, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I on the other hand wish I knew a place where I could communicate with other Russian learners in easy Russian. Duolingo is a good place to start, but I'll have to make an effort and look further.

Twisted Tempest

I used to know Danish very well, as well as English, but it's been so long since I've used it that most of it has gone. I would like to re learn it. 

I am learning Russian, and am doing okay with that. It's not so difficult once you learn the alphabet they use. 

I'm currently learning italian, but I also want to learn japanese. It's a challenge but I would feel so accomplished.

I'm learning italian too! There are a lot of other languages I'd love to learn, I might do korean or spanish next

Archived