The "curse" of being an Ace but not Aro

Dreamfield

7 hours ago, MaybeImANinja said:

It's hard to tell if that is sarcasm, and the precise reason why that is sarcasm.   Who said on demand ?

It is not sarcasm, I honestly don't know about it.

I just assumed that some people (or every healthy person) with male genitalia can do it "on demand" i.e. at will, like one can e.g. lift an arm at will. I am trying to find resources about it, but all I find is heavily focused towards heterosexual people (or at least people who try to have sex in accordance with their sexual orientation), using words like "sexy", which have no intuitive meaning to me.

Sorry for awkward wording.

5 minutes ago, MaybeImANinja said:

If you find yourself unable to get erect at all.  through either just random erection. or erection through stimulation of the penis, i would suggest seeing a doctor. because an erection is a sign that all your pipes are working as they should.

While I am able to get an erection, it never happens as a response to tactile stimulation. It happens either randomly, or by using my fetish stuff, which is impractical to use with a partner in during an (attempted) intercourse. Tactile stimulation simply doesn't work, so I probably have a sensory medical issue. And I have it for my whole life as far as I can remember, since it never worked that way.

Therefore, I'll go see a doctor.

Thank you for helping me figure it out.

Maybe the future is to put a bunch of aces on a group chat so we can all have someone to connect with when we're at our loneliest...

Really, just having someone I can devote a cozy text conversation to seems pretty great to me.

Archived