What is the meaning of life

NeverMyself

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

I thought 42 was the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, not the meaning of life. 

what the face

Our human brains attempt to find meaning in all perceptions, thoughts and situations.

When mystery shadows over meaning we delude ourselves with fantasy, rationalization and superstition.

The meaning of life is the mystery. 

The meaning of death is also the mystery.

Everything doesn't have to be OK.

Life doesn't have intrinsic meaning. The meaning life has is the meaning you give to it.

It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.

- Hamilton

On 5/14/2019 at 11:57 PM, Ardoise said:

Service to others.  The continuation of the eternal conversation.  Adding something to our species' achievements that will outlive you.  The alleviation of suffering.

I pretty much agree with everything :D well, basically I don't think the question about meaning of life is reasonable, but human brain is just wired to ask questions to better understand and deal with things. 

Anyhow, I see it as the ultimate thing for a human to do, to somehow develop our species; whether it's bringing up the next generation, making new discoveries, creating something new, helping others or preventing something bad from happening etc. The way really doesn't matter, just focus on the good and try to co-exist with your best ability :)

SorryNotSorry

Life is like an unassembled abacus. It's what you make of it that counts.

Semtex in August

To listen to lobsters and dance until your feet bleed, to bare witness to the stupid useless utterly beautiful and amazing world we inhabit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a meaning of life for a frog, a horse, a bird?  We are animals on the planet.  We exist ...then we don't.  No meaning to life.   Enjoy the time you have in this cosmic mess.

• 4 weeks later...
Hylethilei

I was always told my entire life it was to spread my DNA on to the next generation, which I will consider because I would like to have a son one day if I meet the right person.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how you view the world. It could be to support the next generation, whose meaning would thus be to also support the following generation, and the cycle repeats. To me, this sounds redundant and meaningless in the long run. It could be to make a name for yourself. It could be to understand the universe and everything involved in it. There are many different possibilities.

I think that even if you don't believe that life has a meaning, it doesn't excuse you from your responsibilities to others.  No matter what you believe, you still need to treat others the way you would have them treat you.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a poetry book by Grigory Oster, which is called "Bad advice" (Вредные советы)

A quote from it:

"Главным делом вашей жизни может стать любой пустяк

Надо только твёрдо верить, что важнее дела нет
И тогда не помешает вам ни холод ни жара
Задыхаясь от восторга, заниматься ерундой"

"Any little trifle can be the main business of your life
It is only necessary to firmly believe that there are no more important things
Then neither heat nor cold will prevent you
From doing your nonsence  gasping with delight"

simplybeourselves

Positive experiences for all sentient beings is the meaning of life for all sentient beings (including humans).

RakshaTheCat
On 7/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, Ardoise said:

No matter what you believe, you still need to treat others the way you would have them treat you.

Are you sure this is a good way? Because if I treated anyone the way I'd like to be treated myself, they would hate me forever 😺

andreas1033

For me, the meaning of life, is that humans are born with a mind, and creative energies, to create.

It does not matter, what you do with this creative force, and mind. You may just use it to have loads of kids.

The freemasons, worship, the male genitals, and have a apron over there genitals. The g on it, stands for generative force, not god, as people may guess.

Your all born into this world, with a brain that thinks, and a creative force, this is sexual energy. Most people use it to just breed and have sex, and have babies. Thats there bag, and it does not matter what you do with it, as its your freewill. The universe does not care where the human race will go with it.

Humans are just here, to be creative with there energies, and create what ever.

This is why the ptb, want you all misdirected, on how you use these things. Its why they give you sports, so you waste your energies on things that mean nothing like supporting some team, when infact it means nout to your life.

You were all given a brain, and creative energies, to do with what you want. Most of you have wasted(not teh right word, as its your choice what you do with it) it, as you have no idea its the reason your here.

Glad when ever i die, i have played my part, lol. But not the part those whom wanted to use me wanted me to play.

It does not matter how you use your intelligence and your creative forces(ie sexual energies), as the universe does not care how all this turns out.

Thats the meaning of life.

Some people may have a lot of effect on the world, some do not, but everyone of you, every person on this planet plays there role, in how ever all this plays out. Govs and ptb do not want you knowing this.

Just remember it does not matter how you use it, but remember, there is such a thing as wrong and right, and freewill, is very important in all this.

Take from this what you want, and this is something, the ptb and your gov do not want you knowing.

The uk, and usa gov have watched me all my adult life, as they thought they could use me. They are probably doing it to many, whom do not know they are being watched.

This is the meaning of life for humans on earth, and you take from this what you want. I am not telling you anything here, and your brain will interpret these words as you please.

Every person reading this, will see these words in different ways, depending on your intelligence and your ideas of the world we live in.

Just remember there is right and wrong, but the universe does not care what humans do with there existence here. Also remember to the universe free will for all animals, and humans is important.

Do not be conned into thinking or believing that right and wrong do not exist, as they do.

But you take from these words what you want, its not my business what you believe.

Neutral Charge

Meaning of life: Strive for nutrients and chase energy, find safety and shelter, mate or find a mate /group of mates  -> everything else is just part of the work flow

😅 from what i read so far there doesn't seem to be any more magic dreamlike life special reason for existing beside actually existing  in itself  

DarkStormyKnight

As a philosophy nerd, it seems like a lot of people here subscribe to subjectivism, or the belief that you can choose the meaning in your own life and it can be anything! I personally jump for this one as well.

Most philosophers these days go for objectivism, or the idea that you can still choose anything to be the meaning of your life but some choices are better than others (ie. helping others is better than counting all the blades of grass in your backyard).

And there is also absurdism, which has also come up here, or the idea that there is no meaning and everything is chaos. YAYY

On 5/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

I thought 42 was the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, not the meaning of life. 

Yes! Thank you! It is, and it always irks me when it's memetically used the wrong way.

(I'm... easily irked.)

• 2 weeks later...

Life/consciousness are, like all natural phenomena, symptoms of a universe trying to reach some kind of equilibrium.

As other people have said life has no meaning apart from evolution and all that jazz. But I personally believe the meaning of life is to witness The All within all things. Not to find God hiding on a cloud somewhere but rather to see God as the totality of Being itself. To see not just a drop in the ocean, but to witness the entire ocean itself crashing back and forth endlessly. Once this has been achieved then just be a good person and try to make the world a better place than it was in before you got here.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:36 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Dammit, you got there before me.

Same I was going to put 42 too. 😁 To be honest I think it might be to try and make your small part of the world better as much as you can and help people and be kind. But that's just me, there is always going to be an amount of subjectivity with this question, I do think you can create your meaning to life, I'm Christian so I try to follow Christ's teachings, but that's just me

it depends on your perspective.

firstly, does life need a meaning?

one could say life has to have meaning or we would have no purpose.

one could also say life has meaning when we give it meaning.

one could ALSO say life has no meaning.

and one could simply not give a damn whether life has meaning or not and not focus on it.

idk what i'm typing could all be mumbo jumbo though. i'm sleep deprived.

Archived