Synthwave and other electro genres

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

10 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

I also love the artwork/aesthetics that go with this type of music.  Look a how cool the animated background was for the Empire of the Sun Friends video

The artwork by Empire of the Sun always was heavily inspired by surrealism. For example, the next video remembers very strongly to The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali for some reason. I can't explain why this is the case, but I kind of makes sense to me.

And the next one is a lot of fun for me as a Star Wars fan. I found this thing yesterday by pure chance.

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

22 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

And I totally understand the Dali vibe from that Empire video, it's the big skies with surreal gravity defying objects in the foreground, I think.

Yes, you are probably right about that. Like I mentioned before the surrealism was a part of their artwork from the very beginning. The next video is one the earlier ones. I think the scene in the woods was captured in the botanical garden Las Pozas. This garden has many elements of surreal art in it, so it was a fitting location for the video.

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

This 8 bit version of a Kraftwerk song makes want to play some retro computer games on an old atari computer. Space invaders or something like that.

And this is actually the original version of the song before, so sorry for the repetition. But I think it is nice to have a comparison.

Dreamsexual

I won't be around tomorrow because I'm on a field trip in a nature protection area the whole day. So I post some space themed synth in advance.

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

I don't know if karaoke can take a song from one's playlist and turn down the vocals, but I don't think anyone would have this and yet I could blast it out (as I do expertly when I'm on the road :) ) 

... I'd also do justice to this one but I don't like the way my voice sounds on the high parts.

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Dreamsexual

Not knowing what other tracks have been posted here, I just want to share this:

(Synthwave is so awesome!)

Dreamsexual
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, Toa Lhikan said:

think this are some pretty dreamy tracks.

Dreamsexual

Alizée's first album was released 2001, so it could be considered old from a certain point of view.

And this is the newest track by Empire of the Sun.

Archived