Do you hold your penis when trying to sleep?

Pygmalion

... I don't know if this question is weird, but a friend told me he does that so here we go!

Do you grab for your genitals when lying in bed, sleeping, whatever? Because it's comfortable or something? Im not talking about masturbating, just holding it.

If you do that, how often and when?

Are you embarrassed about it?

Why do you do it, or why wouldn't you do it?

How does that feel for you? Is it something sexual?
Did someone do that as a child?

If you don't have a dick, do you do something comparable? Boobs? Or your partners penis? :D

So many questions. Tell me everything, please,

Okay... I apologize but this made me laugh. I love the questions that show up on this site... for real!
To answer:

No....Never?
Uh yea... its weird. XD
Its weird...? And no thanks... I dont need my hand there.
I wouldnt know I dont do it...?
No...
Nope....
usually my hands are near my face- or at my sides but depending on sleeping situation the most I'll do is set my hand in the elastic band of my pants/shorts- near my stomach, just so my hand is secure and wont fall...but im not touching anything- so this whole deal seems super weird.. but.. to each their own as long as they wash thier hands!

Aimeendfire

Could this be a comfort thing left over from childhood...you know like sucking your thumb. 

Also so that’s super weird but to each their own. 

everywhere and nowhere

Fortunately, I have none.

6 minutes ago, Serra said:

Okay... I apologize but this made me laugh. I love the questions that show up on this site... for real!

you're welcome xD

7 minutes ago, CBC said:

I once heard of someone (not anyone I know personally) who regularly fell asleep holding her boyfriend's dick.

Yeah I heard that too, but with the balls, not the dick.

Just now, Aimeendfire said:

Also so that’s super weird but to each their own. 

Why do you think its so weird? Because it's something unnormal/tabu? Or do you consider penises/genitalia as something dirty? Do you feel uncomfortable with your dick?
I don't really do that because (after hearing about it I tried it myself and) it's just not comfortable for me. I would lie on my arm or my hand would slip away as soon as i relax. Just not used to that. But I don't feel weird about it. I don't think it's disgusting either. When brushing my teeth before and after sleep I wash my hands anyway.

I'm trying to understand. Enjoying to hold your own dick probably requires that you feel comfortable with your genitalia in general, right? Maybe this isn't the best place to ask this question, because many members are trans-something. BUT it's about sexuality anyways AND there are so many people to ask!

8 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Fortunately, I have none.

Thanks for informing me :P

33 minutes ago, CBC said:

I once heard of someone (not anyone I know personally) who regularly fell asleep holding her boyfriend's dick. Like, she hadn't been giving him a handjob either. She just found it comforting. No idea how the dude felt about it.

I heard of this too. I won't judge, because I sleep in weird positions. It could just be about the physical position it puts her in, not even the sexual aspect.

One might think it's dirty that other people do this, but it's also absolutely none of their business. It affects literally no one else. But, you know, people often find the most ridiculously benign things to get outraged about.

Aimeendfire
29 minutes ago, Pygmalion said:

Why do you think its so weird? Because it's something unnormal/tabu? Or do you consider penises/genitalia as something dirty? Do you feel uncomfortable with your dick?

Like @CBC said, I do not have a penis nor do I think genitalia is dirty . I have no aversion to sex or genitals.

I just think it’s weird. Not wrong or dirty or tabu. Just weird like I think other things are weird. 

I do plenary of tabu/ unnormal things for me to judge it in that way. 

Dreamsexual

I fondle my balls if I feel sick, it tends to remove nausea.  Sometimes I fiddle with my junk in the same way I fiddle with my hair, or beard, or pick my nose, or scratch an itch etc.

So I'm gonna yes, I do.  

54 minutes ago, CBC said:

I highly doubt AF thinks genitals are dirty (nor does she have a penis, last I heard lol).

Since she answered to this thread I assumed she had a penis.

I haven seen enough different genitals so judge that, but I'd guess that vaginas are rather "dirty" than (uncut) penises? 

57 minutes ago, CBC said:

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with other people doing what they wish though, or that finding it weird also means one finds it dirty. I find loads of fetishes weird as fuck, for example. Because they are. Does it mean I think they're wrong or problematic, though? Nope.

I don't feel offended or anything, I'm just trying hard to understand how other people think/feel about this xD

51 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I cant see how this would be comfortable as the thing itself is just a bothersome body part to have, much less hanging onto it at night. 

Why do you think having a penis is all bothersome? I mean, its vulnerable and sometimes in the way but isn't that similar with boobs?

Somehow I really don't understand why all of you think it's weird xD Mh let me think. 
I personally always hug a pillow when lying in bed. When I loose it while sleeping I even wake up sometimes and grab it again. It just feels good to hug that pillow. Similar to hugging a loved person/being the big spoon. Except that my arm won't hurt from the weight, noone complains when I move, I can roll into any position that is comfortable, no hair tingling my nose... I assume that many men feel affectionate for their penis. Like a little friend. In fact I've heard several times, that men in general rather have an emotional bound to their genitals then women. So maybe holding your own dick is comparable to hugging a pillow? I think hugging a pillow can also be a bit of hugging your self, at least for me.

Yeah. Also its warm like @PaganUnicorn said. And soft. And it feels good (I also catch myself stroking my neck or playing with my nipples just because it's a pleasant feeling). So what should be so weird about that? xD

59 minutes ago, Aimeendfire said:

I do plenary of tabu/ unnormal things for me to judge it in that way.

58 minutes ago, CBC said:

Lol same. :D 

Just out of interest, what kind of things are that, in case you want to tell me? :D

37 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

I fondle my balls if I feel sick, it tends to remove nausea.

Lol, really? I've only heard that fear of hights can be experienced as tug (not sure if thats the right english word) in the balls.

Just fumbling your own dick like fumbling hair is pretty common I think 🤔

Dreamsexual

I fiddle with all kinds of bits of my body all the time (context allowing), dick included.

And yeah, I get nausea all the time, and fondling by balls, or even masturbating to the point of erection, seems to reduce the desire to be sick.  For me, anyway.

Dreamsexual

Yeah, genitals aren't particularly dirty IMHO.  Butt holes are bit more of an issue, I guess, but even then ...

addition: I just asked my boyfriend if holding your own dick while falling asleep is weird. I asked him because he had a lot of sexual partners before me unlike me who lost his virginity with him. He thinks it's pretty common, at least his ex did that. Dunno!

13 minutes ago, CBC said:

As for weird things I do... well I'm hella mentally ill, so I do some weird shit there. That's the main source of my weirdness, I suppose.

Like "haha I'm sooooo crazy" or like actual mental illness? 

I do have a penis, but I don't hold it overnight or anything. Never occured to me and I can't see the appeal.

Is your friend a passionate gamer? :D

47 minutes ago, CBC said:

Like I've been on government disability assistance for 14 years (I'm 34) due to serious, chronic, life-altering mental health issues and I've had psychological problems since I was a very young child. That sort of mental illness.

I'm sorry 😕 I hope you've found your way to deal with that.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Is your friend a passionate gamer? :D

Yes, why do you connect that with holding your own penis while sleeping? :D

Grumpy Alien

Well. That was a surprise. Never heard of any of this. Weird as fuck.

Dreamsexual

It certainly can get in the way.  It'd be nice if it was all detachable.  On/off.

3 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

I fondle my balls if I feel sick, it tends to remove nausea.

That's a really interesting tidbit to learn. Do you know if it works for other people as well? (not that it's a likely topic of conversation...) 

Hmm interesting topic. I actually thought about something similar the other night 

I always add an extra pillow or two, and at least watch some tv, or AVENing, or whatever before deciding to actually go to sleep.. My point here is that I am on my back during this time (always sleep on my side), and I catch myself touching my bits in a totally non sexual way. In fact several hours ago, reading this very thread, I caught my hand down there. It’s done subconsciously, so I’m not jumping into bed thinking oh yeah, it’s dick holding time ha, nor is it there the entire time or even close. 

When I finally decide to go to sleep, I keep one hand under my pillows, and the other arm kind of stretched out away from my body and as stated I sleep on my side 100% of the time. 

I will say that I generally enjoy falling asleep holding hands if I have a partner. I believe I did so with ex wife until the end. 

Anthracite_Impreza

Welp, I've learnt somet new today.

Yea I felt like sharing. 

Just to add to the above, I never sleep naked, so perhaps it’s part of the stereotype of guys [sitting] with their hand down their pants. 

10 minutes ago, tase said:

jumping into bed thinking oh yeah, it’s dick holding time ha

This gave me a good chuckle.

Sometimes the most comfortable position for me involves cupping a breast, so this makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

Sometimes the most comfortable position for me involves cupping a breast, so this makes sense. 

Is this because of your breast or just the best position for your hand and your boob happens to be there?

(This might be one of the strangest questions I have ever asked anyone, but it's how my thought sponge works)

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Is this because of your breast or just the best position for your hand and your boob happens to be there?

(This might be one of the strangest questions I have ever asked anyone, but it's how my thought sponge works)

Well, it's more the latter than the former, because my elbow is the part that benefits the most, but it helps that the breast is soft. It's not about the stimulation like that. 

Dreamsexual

@Snao Cone. I really have no idea if it works for anyone else.  I really wouldn't even know how to bring that up in conversation, lol.  It might be peculiar to me, though.  I also used to get very bad headaches when younger, and sometimes would try masturbation as a way to take my mind off the pain even just a little for a few seconds.  It was better than hitting my head repeatedly.  I think I often used, and to some degree still use, sexual stimulation as a pain management technique.  I also have pretty bad bowel problems, which can result in issues too ... But that's gonna get gross quick ...

Archived