Lord Jade Cross

i imagine that in some situations it would make things pretty difficult, but i go through episodes of just completely losing the motivation/ability to talk, so i wouldn’t really mind not speaking. i prefer to have conversations in typing anyway.

RoseGoesToYale

I would die. I have to tell people things.

I thrive on Oxygen but I can easily live without it.

Soul Searcher

Usually I am the one speaking in loud voices to yell at others to keep quiet so I don't know about that. But if I were to keep quiet, I would do it when I am probably eating or reading some really good book.

However, I would keep quiet my entire life if we could talk telepathically, (Saves energy). 😅😅

Toothlesss

Texting and teach myself some ASL. I freeze up and shutdown if I've had too much interaction and/or being super tired. 

For me probably not too much actually. 

BornWallflower

I tend to be pretty happy not talking, even in a social setting but I'm not sure I'd never want to speak or hear other points of view.

Sweet Potato

I would brush up on my ALS and continue as per usual

Skycaptain

As a species humans have other means of communicating other than speach. Body language, gestures etc. We would just pay more attention to them without verbal communication. This happens in the natural world anyway - think honey bees dancing to communicate to the rest of the hive where a new nectar source is 

I went six months with zero human contact at one point. Once in a while I spoke out loud to myself, but it was only generally for something like "Oh for fuck's sake."

Pretty sure I wouldn't have much trouble with going silent.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty
On 5/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, Just Dani said:

Ditto. 😶

Me, too. 

• 5 weeks later...

*Sips tea*

Learn sign language and carry a chart with you. . . You can still pass notes and write.

Member131995

Easy for me. I can go days without a speaking a word, probably could go weeks or even months or even years. I basically talk more out of necessity. I find talking to be exhausting, any amount. I enjoy environments where I can be silent for long stretches of time.

I could wear a name badge that says "mute" and point to it whenever someone bothers me. Cool! This is a useful disability for introverts.

8 hours ago, Zagadka said:

I could wear a name badge that says "mute" and point to it whenever someone bothers me. Cool! This is a useful disability for introverts.

That’d be nice to have at times

Archived