Jump to content
Kelly

New Moderator Needed: Asexual Relationships and Hot Box: Nominations

Recommended Posts

Kelly
Posted (edited)

Join the team!

 

If you think you would be interested in being the new Asexual Relationships Moderator and Hot Box Co-Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

 

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

 

Also, see the following for election rules:

 

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

 

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

 

This is the timeline for this election:

 

Thursday, 9 May to Thursday, 16 May: Nominations.

Thursday, 16 May to Sunday, 19 May: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 19 May to Sunday, 26 May: Voting.

Edited by Kelly
corrected info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
banana monkey

A question - how do the Admods decide which boards are paired together? and if 2 forums are paired is it possible to run for one and not the other? It seems that its possible that pairings may put people off running. I dont wish to run- I dont have time at the moment amongst other reasons but if I did I would probably like to mod Asexual relationships but having to co-mod hotbox puts me right off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Snao van der Cone
1 minute ago, banana monkey said:

A question - how do the Admods decide which boards are paired together? and if 2 forums are paired is it possible to run for one and not the other? 

It's decided based on what forums are in need of a mod, what existing admods are willing to shuffle into, and what the workload is like. If you run in an election you have to run for the whole package, but there will be opportunities to shuffle in the future if you find any of your forums aren't your cup of tea, mod-wise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
banana monkey
1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

It's decided based on what forums are in need of a mod, what existing admods are willing to shuffle into, and what the workload is like. If you run in an election you have to run for the whole package, but there will be opportunities to shuffle in the future if you find any of your forums aren't your cup of tea, mod-wise. 

Thanks for the explanation - I've always found shuffling a bit odd - Personally I would have thought you would have to re-run for a new post given that is what happens in most elections that seems much fairer to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firewallflower

 

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

Please note that you can only run for one post. There is this one, and Meetup Mart/Intersectionality elections running concurrently.

I'm guessing this was just copied and pasted from a previous nominations thread, but to be clear—the Meetup Mart/Intersectionality election is no longer current, yes?

 

Anyhow, good luck to everyone who runs. :cake:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher

@firewallflower Oh! I thought you were about to nominate yourself for the position! (I thought I remember you writing about thinking about running for a mod position, recently). But, I guess, you're just a couple of weeks short of the six months threshold.

 

ETA: Whoops, my math was wrong; it's actually over a month and a couple of weeks short of six months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelly
16 minutes ago, firewallflower said:

 

I'm guessing this was just copied and pasted from a previous nominations thread, but to be clear—the Meetup Mart/Intersectionality election is no longer current, yes?

 

Anyhow, good luck to everyone who runs. :cake:

Thanks. :cake:

 

Yes, it was copied and pasted from a previous post and then edited. There is just one election this time.

 

*fixes*

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firewallflower
58 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

@firewallflower Oh! I thought you were about to nominate yourself for the position! (I thought I remember you writing about thinking about running for a mod position, recently). But, I guess, you're just a couple of weeks short of the six months threshold.

 

ETA: Whoops, my math was wrong; it's actually over a month and a couple of weeks short of six months.

Haha, whoops—alas, no, just fact-checking, not running. I am indeed lacking in time of tenure, though I'm afraid I wouldn't be putting myself forward even were I past the six-month threshold. (There are a few reasons why it would likely not be practicable for me even when I'm officially eligible... plus, I'm not at all sure I'd be good for the job regardless.) Sorry for the disappointment (or relief, as the case may be :P).

 

54 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Thanks. :cake:

 

Yes, it was copied and pasted from a previous post and then edited. There is just one election this time.

 

*fixes*

No problem! I figured that was what happened—glad to hear there wasn't another staff turnover while my back was turned. Thanks for fixing. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelico

Good luck to anyone that runs!!! *cheers people on*

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher
34 minutes ago, firewallflower said:

Haha, whoops—alas, no, just fact-checking, not running. I am indeed lacking in time of tenure, though I'm afraid I wouldn't be putting myself forward even were I past the six-month threshold. (There are a few reasons why it would likely not be practicable for me even when I'm officially eligible... plus, I'm not at all sure I'd be good for the job regardless.) Sorry for the disappointment...

Oh. That's unfortunate. You've sounded passionate about the site since you've joined and detail-oriented in your posts, so I thought you'd make a good mod.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firewallflower
14 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Oh. That's unfortunate. You've sounded passionate about the site since you've joined and detail-oriented in your posts, so I thought you'd make a good mod.

Aw, thank you—that actually means a lot to me. I get the impression you would make an excellent mod yourself, if you're ever interested...

I do very much like AVEN, and I can't deny being a bit too detail-oriented on occasion, but regrettably, time—among other things—is a factor. (Jobs and classes aside, for religious reasons I don't use electronics for approximately 25 hours straight on a weekly basis, so 24-hour check ins are right off the table. 😛) If I were to ever run for something, declass would likely be more up my alley... but hey, who knows what the future will bring?

 

(Let's not take this thread over from actual nominations, though. ☺️)

 

ETA: Looks like I took the official 24-hour check-in policy (assuming it's still official policy, since I think I saw it somewhere in Admod Archives) too literally, so that point is moot. Other reasons still stand, but I won't close my mind completely to the idea.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspieAlly613

I am interested in running for the position.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspieAlly613

Oh, I actually have the same religious restrictions for the 24-hour check-ins.  Could an exception be made for me to check in on Fridays some time after noon but before sunset, and once again on Saturday night after nightfall but before midnight?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspieAlly613

Rereading the responsibilities, the "at least once a day" clause should be doable, as long as I check once or twice on Friday, and twice or once on Saturday night, depending on how late the sun sets at that time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kisa needs a coffee
1 hour ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Oh, I actually have the same religious restrictions for the 24-hour check-ins.  Could an exception be made for me to check in on Fridays some time after noon but before sunset, and once again on Saturday night after nightfall but before midnight?  

 

Jewish?

 

The rule is basically try to check in once a day.  If you try to check in before sunset on Friday and after sunset on Saturday you should be okay.

 

(I'm a rabbi's kid and an ex-admod but I'm not as observant.  I'll happily talk you through any questions you may have though)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspieAlly613
Just now, Kisa the Kit Kat said:

 

Jewish?

 

The rule is basically try to check in once a day.  If you try to check in before sunset on Friday and after sunset on Saturday you should be okay.

Yes, hence the 613 in my name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kisa needs a coffee

Nice!  I should have caught that one XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Una Salus Victus

Damn, I was almost tempted with HoBo last time but got turned off by rels. Mehhhh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homer
7 hours ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Oh, I actually have the same religious restrictions for the 24-hour check-ins.  Could an exception be made for me to check in on Fridays some time after noon but before sunset, and once again on Saturday night after nightfall but before midnight?  

I see no exception necessary here in the first place :)

 

I work varying shifts with different hours nearly every day. Sometimes there's no chance for me to "reset the 24hr countdown" after checking in and it'll be something like checking in Tuesday morning, then Wednesday night. As long as you're around, you're good. There's always the possibility to give staff a heads up "Hey folks, I won't be around much tomorrow / it will be mobile only / ..." and we'll find a way. HotBox is co-modded anyway and Rels isn't too much work.

 

We're all volunteers after all, with jobs and families and private life.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CassieCat

For voting, where do we vote? On this page?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveb
20 minutes ago, CassieCat said:

For voting, where do we vote? On this page?

Yeah. There will be a period of time for nominations; then for campaigns where people can ask the nominees questions; then finally a poll will be added to this thread for voting. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CassieCat
1 minute ago, daveb said:

Yeah. There will be a period of time for nominations; then for campaigns where people can ask the nominees questions; then finally a poll will be added to this thread for voting. :) 

Ok, thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspieAlly613

I have a question in preparation for how I would respond during the Q&A period.  

 

AVEN's terms of service prohibit slanderous content.  In the past, has this extended to false or exaggerated claims (note that a false claim is more blatant than an exaggerated claim) about groups of people (as opposed to specific individuals) regarding their aggregate collective actions, beliefs, behaviors, and/or tendencies?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iff
1 hour ago, AspieAlly613 said:

I have a question in preparation for how I would respond during the Q&A period.  

 

AVEN's terms of service prohibit slanderous content.  In the past, has this extended to false or exaggerated claims (note that a false claim is more blatant than an exaggerated claim) about groups of people (as opposed to specific individuals) regarding their aggregate collective actions, beliefs, behaviors, and/or tendencies?  

Probably comes more under the offensive/bigoted clause as we refer to specific groups in that section

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InquisitivePhilosopher
On 5/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, CassieCat said:

For voting, where do we vote? On this page?

:) If it helps, there will be a banner at the top of the forum page during the entire week of voting (listed on the dates listed in Kelly's first post), so members will be able to see it and remember to vote. Right now, it's listed as "New Moderator Needed: Nominations," but that will be changed to "Voting."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Terrible Travis

I'll run. Third time's the charm. 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WünderBâhr
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, CassieCat said:

For voting, where do we vote? On this page?

 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, daveb said:

Yeah. There will be a period of time for nominations; then for campaigns where people can ask the nominees questions; then finally a poll will be added to this thread for voting. :) 

 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:) If it helps, there will be a banner at the top of the forum page during the entire week of voting (listed on the dates listed in Kelly's first post), so members will be able to see it and remember to vote. Right now, it's listed as "New Moderator Needed: Nominations," but that will be changed to "Voting."

Elections are held over two threads. I presume this is so that people don't have to wade through the first order of business (comments/questions and names of the nomination period and candidates) before getting to the bios and election stuffs.

 

As mentioned above, the thread titles will be similar, but the last bit will explain what stage (there are three) the election is at: "Nominations," "Campaigning (Q&A)," and/or "Voting." When the voting stage period begins, a poll will be added to the campaigning thread and the Campaigning part of the title will be changed to Voting.

 

👍

 

The campaign (and eventual voting) thread for this election is now up and running, here

Edited by WünderBâhr
Edited for clarification
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...