Sign in to follow this  
Vårin

THE GAME OF LOVE

Vårin

love-hearts-thumping-beating-on-white-ba

So I have been thinking...Love is awesome. Why not make more love? According to science  it is possible to raise the love in the world by meditation on love a little bit every day. It reduces crime and, actually also depression and physical pain. Heals the world literally. It is called "head heart coherence". Look it up:

https://www.heartmath.org/gci/

So I wanted to make a game. Just HOW much love can a person meditation on and give EVERY day? A minute, two, an hour, all days? 

This is how it work: EVERY DAY you find a least ONE thing to be grateful for. Big or small and then you meditate on it. Post the results here:

First person say:

I meditated on...

How grateful I am for a friend that gave me a massage when I was sad that one time last year. It made be feel so grateful. 

Next person say:

I meditated on...

How grateful I am for.... having pillow.

Optional one can add:

Thought... 

I really love having this person in my life. I think people should be grateful for having friends that are there for them. Also massage is awesome. (This are both for thought like words, but if you think more in images you can give a drawing to)

Meditation time...

five minutes (If you donno the time just write "timeless")

Body feels like....

Warm feeling in chest similar to when I am a bit tipsy. I smiled and ran around afterwards. (If you felt little or nothing write that)

Odd stuff:

If anything you consider out of the ordinary happens.

and so on...

I truly think this forum can be a place of Love. It already is a lot of love her, but we need MORE wanna help?! :) 

Ok gonna leave ya to it. Here is a virtual hug:

Some meditations: 

Woodworker1968

To me love is not a game, it's deadly serious. I avoid wasting my time with people who think it's a game.

CBC

@Woodworker1968 You're missing the point entirely.

• Like 2

Vårin
On 5/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, PaganUnicorn said:

How is meditating on love supposed to make me feel any less depressed?

It is practice. Feeling love when depressed is REALLY hard. I know that. It is also hard when angry. BUT I also know that one can turn emotions around if one is determined to. The brain is plastic. But when sad the "ego" part of our self has difficulty seeing past that. Depression is not just thoughts is physical sensations in body. The things you tell yourself daily and also even the way you stand can change your emotional state. I wish I could tell you all a know about the science of this, but i do not have time right now. If this does not catch on this tread I just make another later. I am planning on teaching this so I eventually will learn how to show people HOW to turn their life around. :)

Vårin
On 5/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, CBC said:

@Woodworker1968 You're missing the point entirely.

Thank you. Love is serious, but it helps to be silly about it. Make it more fun. I like to think of life as a bit of a game with rules one can learn. There are patterns behind people behaviours. Not a GAME as in competition with others tho. ONLY competition with SELF  :)

Vårin
1 minute ago, PaganUnicorn said:

I've been told to think about happy memories before falling asleep because that's supposed to make your dreams more pleasant. There aren't many happy memories to choose from but it does work. Somewhat.

i'll be looking forward to that other post of yours :)

Good :) Then you have gotten a tast of it. What I am suggesting is different from simply cheering up. People that tell you to JUST get on with it has no idea how hard depression can clench at somebodies soul.  But it has been scientifically proven that you become happier py practicing being happy. BY making an intention to being mindful of your thoughts and choosing the good ones, one will eventually succeed. Taks real self control. It makes it fun to think of it as a game I feel. Consider this: How many times do you entertain sad thoughts during the day? Many people do not know one does not have to accept them as truth. They often FEEL true because one is used to them. Keep doing this memory thing. As long as you have ONE good one it should be fine. HYPER focus on it. Make it big. Do it several times a day. You might actually start seeing a shift. It is kind like a magic trick. In your head there is a YES and  NO "button". When negativity comes...ASK how would it feel like to have the the opposite of those :)

• Like 1

Vårin
6 minutes ago, PaganUnicorn said:

Oh God. I'd rather not even think about it.

I get what you mean... I didn't believe stuff like that because I thought it was just lying to yourself, pretending the bad things aren't there. I would work myself into panic attacks until I realized that this sort of thing is really about getting over that mental state so you can approach those thoughts and problems from a healthier frame of mind.

Wise human you are. SEE you already know this, but your FEAR is trying to fool ya. Happens to me to. I have had severe panic attacks, but I found a way around it. Total over it now. I am planning on going into full HERMIT mood now to really prefect my ideas and then when I have I will come back to this site and share my findings.  There are a lot of depressed people here. AND I intent to help to my best ability. 

Vårin

In fact I have this absolutely CRAZY idea that I am gonna start a school at an island. AN ACTUAL ISLAND. EVEN looking at one that is for sale. I can see it in my head. An island that one comes to to learn about creative thinking and good loving communication with self an other. If you have seen some of my earlier post I talk about a story of an island of light. If possible...and anything is possible with a strong will.... I will make that real.

Pandark
On 5/14/2019 at 5:41 PM, Vårin said:

Good :) Then you have gotten a tast of it. What I am suggesting is different from simply cheering up. People that tell you to JUST get on with it has no idea how hard depression can clench at somebodies soul.  But it has been scientifically proven that you become happier py practicing being happy. BY making an intention to being mindful of your thoughts and choosing the good ones, one will eventually succeed. Taks real self control. It makes it fun to think of it as a game I feel. Consider this: How many times do you entertain sad thoughts during the day? Many people do not know one does not have to accept them as truth. They often FEEL true because one is used to them. Keep doing this memory thing. As long as you have ONE good one it should be fine. HYPER focus on it. Make it big. Do it several times a day. You might actually start seeing a shift. It is kind like a magic trick. In your head there is a YES and  NO "button". When negativity comes...ASK how would it feel like to have the the opposite of those :)

Thanks for sharing this. Subconsciously I've been doing something similar. My thoughts go back to a moment many years ago, when my dearest pulled me out of a deep state of psychosis. Every time I feel the madness, the memory drives it back.

• Like 1

Vårin
11 hours ago, Pandark said:

Thanks for sharing this. Subconsciously I've been doing something similar. My thoughts go back to a moment many years ago, when my dearest pulled me out of a deep state of psychosis. Every time I feel the madness, the memory drives it back.

Thanks for showing an interesting in this. I REALLY appreciate it honestly. I get back to this. Wanna start a website with information about this stuff. How to improve life by knowing psychology :) Gonna call it WONDERIST...or something. Play on the words: WONDER and scienTIST. Right now I am working on myself tho. Seems I have some fears in me that at times make me say thing that come of the wrong way and has the opposite effect. I only wanna help so I have to make sure my heart is as pure at it gets. Hope I see you again when I have planned all this.

Pandark
2 hours ago, Vårin said:

Seems I have some fears in me that at times make me say thing that come of the wrong way and has the opposite effect.

I know what you mean, but I don't think you should worry too much. You have a gentle soul, you will do fine.

2 hours ago, Vårin said:

I have to make sure my heart is as pure at it gets.

How do you do it? I sometimes pray to a higher form of consciousness to purify my heart. I have found it really helps.😊

• Like 1

Vårin
39 minutes ago, Pandark said:

How do you do it? I sometimes pray to a higher form of consciousness to purify my heart. I have found it really helps.😊

Thats what I have started doing today! Found a cd with Georgian chanting at my grandmother house. Then I sat an listen to this song and cried...apologising  to myself. :) 

Not a religious person at all, but I study psychology and are fascinated by the current science of prayer. There are far more about life then we know. 🤗 THE MORE YOU KNOW THE MORE YOU SEE YOU DO NOT KNOW:

39 minutes ago, Pandark said:

I know what you mean, but I don't think you should worry too much. You have a gentle soul, you will do fine.

I know I do not need to worry. It is just leftover fear in body. I usually think of my fear as a lost dog I need to make feel safe and teach it to be a good boy 🐺

I draw him:

619672F7-79B5-45DA-81EC-55148A2FA5C5.jpe

I like your icon by the way. Pandas are cute :)

Pandark

There is wisdom in your words. I like your drawing. It always amazes me how expressive one can be while using minimal coloring. Chants and flowers are quite nice too, though.😊

Heh, where I'm from there's this joke about pandas and sexlessness. Also, at times I like giving bear hugs.

• Like 1

Vårin
1 hour ago, Pandark said:

There is wisdom in your words. I like your drawing. It always amazes me how expressive one can be while using minimal coloring. Chants and flowers are quite nice too, though.😊

Heh, where I'm from there's this joke about pandas and sexlessness. Also, at times I like giving bear hugs.

Well that certainly give me no option but to give you this XD:

Pandark

Sweet! You made my day. Have a virtual bear hug. *bear hugs*

what the face

OK

Today a dropped into a walk/hiking meditation while ascending and descending a mountain near my home.

Love of the earth and rain and trees.

Thank you all

(I think I won this game)