Are some sexualities fake??

LGBTAtreyu

Dreamsexual
Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Well I suppose, it was just the use of the word sexuality... I also suppose that depends on the idea of machines having gender, which, technically, they don't. We might call it gender, but it's not the same as bio-genders.

Indeed. :) 

And if you subscribe to machines being non- or a-gendered, and would rather avoid an orientation label like homo- or hetero- then that can be easily replaced with pan- or a- or non- . 

But the formatting system seems generally sound to me, and solves some issues regarding clarity for those whose SO (or attraction preference) is non-human.

Dreamsexual
1 minute ago, Telecaster68 said:

Nope.

Wow.

Anthracite_Impreza

As long as no one is being pressured into using All The Labels (or even any at all) I give no fucks what others call themselves. And unlike certain others that includes "attack helicopter", because if they genuinely mean it I can sympathise.

Dreamsexual
17 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

As long as no one is being pressured into using All The Labels (or even any at all) I give no fucks what others call themselves. And unlike certain others that includes "attack helicopter", because if they genuinely mean it I can sympathise.

Yup.  Sincerity is my touchstone - if people are sincere (no we're not crossing the 'informed consent' line), then they are welcome to my sincere polite respect and toleration.

At this point though I don't even know why I bother to extended this largesse to others ... It just seems to make me a weak victim. 

Anthracite_Impreza

In this world, doing the right thing often makes you unpopular. I don't care any more whether people think I'm a fragile, special snowflake, or too easily offended, or just plain nuts. I've survived some bad shit that makes being called a snowflake almost like a compliment, and if being attracted to cars is the worst "mental problem" I have then I've come out pretty damn lucky.

Dreamsexual

Anthracite_Impreza

I would rather no one have to be fearful or in pain, even if they are dickheads. The worst I ever wanted for my abuser was to feel, temporarily, as scared and vulnerable as I always did, just so she'd know. The universe delivered that, now it's over and I'm stronger for it. Yes I still get offended and upset and angry, but I don't let it make me doubt myself any more. Being politely steadfast gets you further than being aggressive or a doormat.

Dreamsexual
45 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Being politely steadfast gets you further than being aggressive or a doormat.

My life experience doesn't align with this.

Anthracite_Impreza
40 minutes ago, Dreamsexual said:

My life experience doesn't align with this.

Being aggressive and superior might get you advantages in life, but it will cost you socially. No one wants to hang around with or help someone hostile.

I used to deliberately act aggressive so people wouldn't fuck with me; I was being abused at home and I couldn't cope with bullying at school too. It took years to relax after getting out of that situation, but I did eventually. I think when the dust settles you will too; being angry all the time is exhausting.

Dreamsexual

PaganUnicorn
4 hours ago, Dreamsexual said:

Wow.

Meh. Nothing new under the sun, as the saying goes. Back on topic now...

locking this thread for cool down

Iff,

Moderator, sexual partners, friends & allies

Reopening this thread 

please try to stay on topic and avoid personal insults or attacks

iff,

moderator, sexual partners, friends & allies

NicoDiAngelo4242
On 5/5/2019 at 3:41 PM, disGraceful said:

Oh in that case... no those are very real. 😐

On 5/5/2019 at 3:37 PM, Serran said:

Guessing the OP was more talking about fake labels made as jokes (often offensive ones). Like wafflegender as a response to non-binary labels people disagree with.

Or like I made a fake label for my profile 

I'm sorry what is a wafflegender? I nvr hear of that 

4 hours ago, NicoDiAngelo4242 said:

I'm sorry what is a wafflegender? I nvr hear of that 

Looking at it, wafflegender seems to have been made up as a way to mock and make fun of people who identify as non-binary

NicoDiAngelo4242
7 hours ago, iff said:

Looking at it, wafflegender seems to have been made up as a way to mock and make fun of people who identify as non-binary

That's seriously messed up. Thanks for telling me.

@Dreamsexual People who bully others aren't strong; they're hostile out of fear of being seen as weak because they feel powerless. They try to leverage themselves by picking on other weak people. It's not that they are stronger people than the people they target - they are just outwardly destructive rather than inwardly destructive.

Sure, they may sometimes have friends but if you care about the quality of your friends at all you won't want to hang around with the types of people that are drawn to aggressive people. Even though they might find some people to hang around them they lose friends, jobs, etc. due to their behavior, and cannot truly function within society.

What a fair amount of people don't seem to realize is that no one has to be a bully or a victim. It's a role you put yourself into, you can choose to be neither if you want. There's information online about the drama triangle.

anisotrophic
15 hours ago, iff said:

Well... an enby, personally I get a bit eye-rolly at the bazillion gender labels. I think "non-binary" is plenty descriptive. So I wouldn't say I would feel mocked. :)

On 5/30/2019 at 1:29 AM, Skullery Maid said:

Seems a legitimate test to me. That's how the courts determine the validity of a claimed religion... whether or not it's "sincerely held." 

Yeah.  doesn't matter a whit if the religiion/cult/sect itself is ridiculous; it only matters that the person shows adherence to it.  

• 1 year later...

I have seen these new sexaullities on TikTok suck as: Animesexaul, Kpopsexaul, and Cartoonsexaul. I have heard these are fake and that people are using these "sexaulities" as an exause to say the f-slur. And it pisses me off. This is an insult to the LGBTQIA+ communtety. Its an insult to Asexauls who are still fighting to be counted as apart of the LGBTQIA+ commuity, we are compared to pedophiles and the people like this, who identify as any of these are let off scott free. Now, you can critasize me all you want I' just saying this is not a sexaulity. 

This thread hasn't been active for a long time and is now being locked.

Iff, 

Moderator, sexual partners, friends, and allies. 

Archived