Help needed asap. Quotes needed for a final project that is due Friday May 10th

Hope W

Hi all!

I am a student taking a Journalism class, and for our final project each student is supposed to write a final article. My article is about the rise of Asexuality in college students and representation within the various college Pride organizations. If any one is interested, please post or private message your name, age, attendance dates and college you went/are going to and your experience as an Ace with your college's pride organization. Because this is a final project, your information will not go beyond myself and my professor. I would quote your messages/posts in the article. I would need these messages by Wednesday May 8th at the very latest to put them into my article on time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Hope

I graduated Indiana/Purdue university (IUPUI) in 1983. Back then there was no pride of any kind. The gay community was somewhat denigrated because of the AIDS epidemic. I had few friends but had managed to make a girl friend. That is, a girl who was my friend. Nothing more. She appreciated my company but the fact I seemed totally disinterested in her sexually must have made an impression. I remember her mentioning to me one of her friends wondered if I was gay. No, I'm not. I didn't know what I was since there was no such term as "asexual". I really didn't care much either. Any sexual desires I had never extended beyond myself and this was just fine with me. Having so few friends meant I never went to parties so there was never any situations where sex might have been involved. Few friends also minimized any peer pressure.  Going to a city college meant I didn't live in a dorm so this too minimized having to listen to what anybody thought of the fact I never dated. Frankly I wouldn't have listened anyhow. If how I live doesn't hurt anybody then my life is nobody's business. I suppose I've always been this way and always will be. Post me if you need any more information.

NickyTannock

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'Visibility and Education Projects'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Archived