Ace Lark Sage/Bonnie Gordon in Shield of Tomorrow (Star Trek RPG, Geek and Sundry)

Maul_Junior

Maul_Junior

According to actor Bonnie Gordon, who played Ensign Lark Sage in Shield of Tomorrow, Geek and Sundry's Star Trek RPG show, Lark Sage (and Bonnie herself) is asexual.

Geek and Sundry is a nerdy Twitch/Youtube channel that does a lot of Table-Top RolePlaying Games, usually streamed on Twitch (and previously on Alpha), and then uploaded to Youtube months later. The current Star Trek RPG is by Modiphius Entertainment, and sponsored Shield of Tomorrow, which features Gamemaster Eric Campbell, the aforementioned Bonnie Gordon, and a main cast of 5 other actors playing the RPG.

Says Gordon (in a DM because the whole message she sent when I inquired was too long for tweets):

Yes I am ace. I identify as gray ace (gray asexual) and very very little to ZERO sex drive. I was already suspecting I was and was doing research. I made Sage asexual just because I was finding out so much about the asexual community and wanted to explore that identity in an rpg setting - especially since I don’t see it represented much. I never really got to bring it up fully in the game. One moment that was more obvious was when everyone of the crew was affected sexually by the naked “Orion sex slave” ... but lark was more concerned that she was cold [Poster's Note: Temperature-wise].

Lark (and myself) are romantic asexual.

The aforementioned scene takes place towards the very end of the entire RPG, and references a moment when a female Orion (who, in Star Trek, emit pheremones that are sexually arousing) affected the entire command staff of the USS Sally Ride (the actors playing the RPG).

Shield of Tomorrow is currently complete, and can be found in its entirety on the Geek and Sundry Youtube Channel in a playlist for convenience.

Bonnie Gordon is also one of the two members of the Library Bards, a comedic song parody duo that parodies top 40 songs with nerdy lyrics (which currently is holding a Kickstarter for their next album), and is involved in Eric Campbell's next RPG, Callisto 6 (whose second season has just wrapped up). Half of Season 1 is on Youtube, and the other half is available as Video on Demand on Geek and Sundry's Twitch channel.

Archived