2. 2. Recent films

• Fantastic Mr. Fox
    • Moonrise kingdom
    • Grand Budapest hotel
    • Isle of dogs
    • Please don't make me choose

This poll is closed to new votes

So wes Anderson movies

For the early period, the royal tennenbaums. It gives me a great arrested development feel (although it was before it)

Later films, both isle of dogs and and the grand Budapest hotel. I think isle of dogs 

Grumpy Alien

Haven’t seen any of them

Oh, a Wes Anderson thread!

Bottle Rocket is the only early movie of his that I haven't seen yet. Royal Tenenbaums is fantastic, no doubt about that - but I'd have to watch all his old movies again. I voted 'please don't make me choose'.

The second one was a no-brainer: Even though I haven't seen two of the above mentioned recent movies, I doubt that I'd like any of them better than Moonrise Kingdom. 💜

But nonetheless I'm still eager to see those two flicks.

I've only seen Moonrise Kingdom but I really enjoyed it! I'm sure I'd like other Wes Anderson films once I get around to watching them :)

Haven’t gotten around to his earlier stuff yet but out of his newer stuff both Moodrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotle are absolutely amazing Except for a couple of shots in Grand Budapest Hotle and a slight continuity error that really bloody erks me whenever I see the film.

Spoiler

It’s when they’re both in the train for the first time and everything is really nicely framed and simetrical with two wine glasses set perfectly on the table. After the whole fight when the officers try and detain them but Edward Norton’s character stops them and Dimitri and Gustave sit down again the two wine glasses have moved noticeably from the original simetrical framing - now alright I can get that this could either be a fair continuity error OR it could be signifying how things are going to become “off kilter” for Domitri and Gustave but seriously that framing would have been amazing if the

glasses had just stayed where they were and also imo made the previous scene of them being detained more humorous showing that I’m that small space the glasses survived the struggle.

I've only seen Life Aquatic and didn't know what to make of it.

Who? :P:P

• 11 months later...

massive toss up between fantastic mr fox and isle of dogs, I love them both so muchhh!!

• 4 weeks later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived