SO frustrated!

Raphaell

Hey everyone!

Sorry for being dramatic, I'm just having one of those nights :rolleyes:

All my friends are getting married and having kids at the moment and I'm starting to feel really stressed out and frustrated about my own relationship/life situation.

I'm 31 years old and up until now my gang of friends have been pretty much 50/50 long term relationship people and single people, but the last couple of people in the group are now in relationships too, leaving me as the only 'single' person. I've never really had a huge problem with being the chronic single person in the group – I'm ace and I've always been on my own – and it never really bothered me because I always had friends around, roomies etc. But now things are starting to change, people don't have time to hang out anymore or they prefer to stay home with their spouses (which I respect and I'm happy for them). I'm just starting to wonder.... what's going to happen to me? What am I supposed to do with my life? Anyone else feels like this? Any tips for dealing with these feelings? 

I'm not aromantic, I do want to have a life with a partner I think, I'd just want that partner to be ace too as I have found dating sexuals to just be wrong for me. I just want what everyone else has I guess, just minus the sex. I've had a look around the different ace dating sites, but idk, maybe I just haven't found the right place yet

I'm just really frustrated :huh:

I'm 63 now so I went thru that phase in life where nearly all my single friends became married friends which happened around your age.  Next thing I knew my married friends now wanted to do couples' things with other couples or just spend time with their partner/spouse so I didn't see them much anymore either.  It was depressing for a while, it got to a point where getting a wedding invitation was like getting a death certificate for another friendship.  But the thing I did was get involved in clubs and groups so I met new people with similar interests and life moved on.  As Nick2 said you can also volunteer which is something I've also done.  To me, the key is to stay active, to get out there.  I've met some great people that way.

I'm experiencing something similar, even though I'm not very active about dating. Indeed the most important thing is to get out there and do things you enjoy. By that way you also might find "the right one" without pressure. 

I've always been active to do things and go to places by myself. I sometimes go eating out by myself, go to the movies, go to theater, do small road trips etc - I do pretty much everything couples do but alone. And nearly always I get to meet some great people. And to bound more long-lasting relationships, I have hobbies. I sing with a hobbyist choir, I go to swim weekly, I visit library not just to lend books but spend time at, I go to meetings with people who have the same interests than I do and so on.

Archived