#Asexual advantages

Custard Cream

abandoned-account
7 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Being sex repulsed must suck. It's hard enough being sex neutral...

Considering the thought of ever biologically producing offspring horrifies me anyway, I’d say it’s good that I’m more than happy to avoid the means of doing so (as well as for picking up STDs and whatever else). 

If anything, the only part of it that “sucks” is living in a sex-obsessed society.

lowLifeLoner

I'm not constantly thinking about how the girl sitting over the room is "hot". Instead I can focus all of my energy on thinking about far more interesting things, like lunch. 

2 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Ahhh... well, in real life I guess that's probably OK... but if there are murders going on in your vicinity, I would avoid that phrase.

It's been noted and logged, thanks. ;) For what it's worth I usually drop the "I'll".

1 hour ago, iam135 said:

I mean, you could just grow literal fruit. Start a blueberry farm or something 😆.

You beat me to it. Scratch! Lol. I was thinking about planting apple trees, but whatever works.

29 minutes ago, Vee. said:

If anything, the only part of it that “sucks” is living in a sex-obsessed society.

Exactly. I'm sex-repulsed as well so no compromises for me on that. Besides, it seems to me that there are more ace women than men so my chances of finding what I want, although not promising, are more in my favor.

41 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

Nah, not really. It's not hard to just not have sex (for an asexual, I mean... obviously, that's one hell of a lot tougher for sexuals, and being a sex-repulsed sexual would, indeed, suck very much).

Any relationship where that would be a problem... is just not a relationship I'd accept being in, lol.

3 hours ago, Skeletonducky said:

I guess as a secret agent you'd be able to avoid being seduced on a mission. Which seems to happen all too often in movies.

In the same vein, no hesitation when being confronted by a suspiciously attractive individual randomly in a dangerous dungeon. Hmmmm, I’m venturing through the twisting caverns beneath a corrupted, monster-infested Yggdrasil and encounter an unarmed, overly friendly, and suggestively dressed woman? ***** you fake as ****! I’m definitely not trusting you! En garde!

😠/🔪

Crazycrazycultist
1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

Except for us here. LOL

Oh, right.

SarahSomeone

You can sit on the sidelines and support your friends when they have relationship drama without getting too involved 😉 I’m sure they’ll appreciate you caring even if you don’t completely know what you’re talking about (I don’t really know what I’m talking about, in my case at least 😅)

Also I guess this is more of an aromantic perk, but you get to keep all your big comfy sweaters instead of giving them to your significant other 😊

If I go on a boat ride I won’t be affected by sirens. 

Instead i’ll just mock them. 

AmorphousBlob
4 hours ago, Yeast said:

I'll neither acquire nor infect anybody with anything sexually transmitted. I'd rather die of old age.  

I get to internally laugh at my classmates when our science teacher shows us a fungus you can get on your tongue from oral sex :D They were mortified

AmorphousBlob
3 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Ehhh not really. At least not for me, but I am aro as well so.

Duke Memphis

You can explain yourself with "I'm an Unseduceable One. I walk the earth untempted by the bodies of men and women."

Duke Memphis
7 hours ago, CustardCream said:

The rules of surviving scary movies - according to the movie 'scream'

You can't have sex

You can't do drink or drugs

You can't say 'I'll be right back'

I think I'll survive...

That reminds me of a funny story.

After the final show of the play I was in at college, one of the actresses hosted a cast party in her apartment. We were playing the Jackbox game Trivia Murder Party, and I decided to come out to them by using my orientation as my nickname. Long story short, I won, and the newspaper headline at the end said, "The Asexual Survives!"

Everyone had a good laugh about that.

abandoned-account
3 hours ago, AmorphousBlob said:

I get to internally laugh at my classmates when our science teacher shows us a fungus you can get on your tongue from oral sex :D They were mortified

Ewwww. The mere concept of oral in itself is mortifying enough to me already...

every time I see a post from you I can't help but stare at your dancing Ditto avatar for a minute or two. xD

7 hours ago, iam135 said:

I can happily hog my whole bed and don't have to fight for my blankets.

This doesn't apply if you have pets :P:P

Skeletonducky
3 hours ago, ColeHW said:

If I go on a boat ride I won’t be affected by sirens. 

Instead i’ll just mock them. 

I approve of this reference to Greek mythology.

Awesome friendship without the icky awkward physical part of relationships

AllTimeBubble
7 hours ago, CajunAce said:

More sleep 

Seconded, sleep is best

Anthracite_Impreza

More time to waste on games and AVEN.

Custard Cream

Being able to simply raise an eyebrow when someone tells you they want to be self-employed as a hypnotherapist / dominatrix. Apparently not being shocked at that is unusual.  I was tempted to explain exactly how little shocks me any more...

Divide By Zero

Being able to go to an ace meetup

#AsexualAdvantages

Oh also just in general not having my self-worth be tied to how many women I’ve had sexual relations with, and being able to make decisions based on the reasoning coming from the head that actually houses my brain. And, judging from all the goddamn ads and questions asked on the Internet, not being concerned about my **** size must cut my general stress level by 50-90%. Even if I was sexual I wouldn’t be stressed about it anyways, but still.

alien.hedgehog

I don't have to go through the highschool love drama

2 hours ago, dark.entity said:

I don't have to go through the highschool love drama

I still had some drama in highschool. Two different boys liked me more than friends. With love being a weird, nebulous concept to me at the time (I didnt know I was ace), I ran away and broke both of their hearts even though I did enjoy being their friends....

Meylnaerdbier
2 hours ago, CajunAce said:

I still had some drama in highschool. Two different boys liked me more than friends. With love being a weird, nebulous concept to me at the time (I didnt know I was ace), I ran away and broke both of their hearts even though I did enjoy being their friends....

yeah, I can definitely relate to you there...

11 hours ago, Laplace said:

Oh also just in general not having my self-worth be tied to how many women I’ve had sexual relations with, and being able to make decisions based on the reasoning coming from the head that actually houses my brain. And, judging from all the goddamn ads and questions asked on the Internet, not being concerned about my **** size must cut my general stress level by 50-90%. Even if I was sexual I wouldn’t be stressed about it anyways, but still.

I guess you won't be running for president.  Last time they even discussed size during the debates.

Chocolatastic AroAce

I don't have to share my chocolate with anyone. I also have more money to spend on chocolate.

I don't have to listen to the same movie or song a million times a day(when kids like something they hyper indulge).

I can come home or leave whenever I want without hiring a babysitter.

Given the price of condoms, having no reason to purchase them 

On 4/27/2019 at 6:29 AM, Laplace said:

not having my self-worth be tied to how many women I’ve had sexual relations with

On 4/27/2019 at 6:29 AM, Laplace said:

not being concerned about my **** size

This! 🤣

I'm sex-repulsed and I love it. I'm so glad I don't get attracted to anyone, I think that sexual/romantic attraction is a big waste of time and can sometimes dumb down so many movies/books/etc.

Chocolatastic AroAce

I don't  feel self conscious about eating bananas or hot dogs.

Archived