Anybody interested in ballet?

WabiSabi

I recently started taking ballet as an adult and I love it. I've always been interested in ballet. I've made it a tradition to go to see Nutcracker each year on my birthday since it's on Dec. 20th.I just recently went to see ABT's production of Whipped Cream. Does anyone else dance, study ballet, or wants to start? I'd like to make some ballet friends. 

Galactic Turtle

I don't personally do ballet but I have worked on the production side of it. Very intense but also very interesting. 

I took ballet when I was 9 and it ended at 15. I don't dance much nowadays but I still appreciate it. My favorite dance was the mice in the Nutcracker and Waltz of the Flowers. I was on Pointe shoes for a few years too :)

Everyone urged to me to take ballet lessons when I was a child, because that's apparently what a little girl is supposed to do, but at some point they gave up because I wasn't too keen on it. It was only last year that I started developing an interest in it. I don't dance ballet myself, but I love to watch it - as well as modern dance.

I absolutely love the Nutcracker Suite but I have yet to see a production of the ballet.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:50 AM, WabiSabi said:

I've made it a tradition to go to see Nutcracker each year on my birthday since it's on Dec. 20th.

That sounds lovely! I know that it's a Christmas tradition for many people, and I love to join in, but so far I've found the tickets to be a little too pricey.

• 3 weeks later...

I started ballet lessons as an adult too.  I'm extremely terrible at it as I am generally clumsy and bad at sports/physical things but I do enjoy it :)  Current teacher is amazing and so positive too which makes for a great atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...
MariaWhoKnows

Yay! Another dancer! 

I'm a dancer too. I'm trained in ballet (three years and still going strong), but I dabble with contemporary, modern, and improv.

I'm so glad that there's other dancers on this forum. I also think it is pretty cool to start ballet as an adult. (I didn't m, but I hope to keep dancing well into adulthood).

I'd love to be ballet friends.:-)

DazzlingGirl16

I took ballet when I was in first grade and I enjoyed going there. I was a first year Charmer in the class, and I took the class very seriously while the other girls in my group wanted to goof around most of the time.

I started taking ballet at my college last spring and have taken it for three semesters now. Honestly, it's not my favorite style of dance, either to do or to watch, but I continue with it because it helps with technique and I like the teacher and my classmates.

Archived