Hey everyone!!!

Happyuku

Hi everyone! Ahhh, I can believe I finally signed up.

My name is Kenz and I'm 19. I'm aroace and I first visited this site back in 2016 to get a basic understanding of Asexuality and have ghosted on and off since to get random info. So I figured I might as well join the community that lead me to longer feel broken and maybe help others in the same way!

I when I reach middle school my mom started to prod to find who my crush was, so I made one up. I am a very bad liar and she apparently though I was embarrassed, So she told me "it's nothing to be embarrassed about, I fact if you weren't having those feelings I'd would be worried". So that kick started the broken feeling as I tried and tried to force myself to have a crush through middle school, it never worked. (duh)

I First heard about asexuality when I was 14 on pinterest on a funny post about a bunch of different sexualities and I saw description of the asexual one and thought "Huh, that kinda sounds like me, may be I should look into that" then forgot about it for two years😂. 2 years later I remembered about asexual and actually did some digging and found the definition here! I cried some and did some self searching and started to identify as aromantic asexual. I no longer feel broken and have identified as aroace for the past three years.

(official) welcome to AVEN! i’m glad you were able to find comfort in the community, because there is nothing wrong with being aroace. i hope you enjoy your time here, and if you ever need anything, don’t be afraid to send me a DM! :) 

LostInThought1518

Welcome!! I am new to all of this, but I am also happy to have a place to talk about it with others. There is a tradition here to welcome you with cake so here you go.🎂🍰🍰🍰 Welcome :D

Welcoooome!

I joined a few days ago and everyone is just so nice here. I also hope that you stop feeling broken. You can come here anytime you want to talk to anyone, you’re always welcome:D

Welcome! Are those your birds in your profile pic? They’re so cute! 

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&

12 hours ago, catra said:

(official) welcome to AVEN! i’m glad you were able to find comfort in the community, because there is nothing wrong with being aroace. i hope you enjoy your time here, and if you ever need anything, don’t be afraid to send me a DM! :) 

Thank you!!

16 hours ago, Carito said:

Welcoooome!

I joined a few days ago and everyone is just so nice here. I also hope that you stop feeling broken. You can come here anytime you want to talk to anyone, you’re always welcome:D

Thank you, I definitely no longer feel broken and am as happy as could be:D

12 hours ago, LostInThought1518 said:

There is a tradition here to welcome you with cake so here you go.🎂🍰🍰🍰 Welcome :D

Woot woot! My first cake thank you!

8 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Are those your birds in your profile pic? They’re so cute! 

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&

They are! My local zoo has an aviary and the parakeets like to play with shoe laces! Thank you for the cake!!!

NickyTannock

@Happyuku A belated welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

If you don't mind me asking, have you come out to your Mom?

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Swimming And Music Cake,

SwimDrip.jpg

3 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

@Happyuku A belated welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

If you don't mind me asking, have you come out to your Mom?

Thank you for the welcome! also that's a fantastic cake. 

I definitely had the peers sexual comments growing up as well.

I haven't come out to her. There was one time her, my grandma, and my aunt were all telling me how I'd meet a nice boy in college and get married, and I said I wasn't planning on getting married and they all freaked out. She REALLY  wants me to have kids so that doesn't help. I've also heard her talk ill on asexuals before, (she probably doesn't even know what it means) so I've put it off.

The only person I've ever come out to is my sister, who didn't react badly about it but she didn't care enough to remember and now constantly teases me about not having a boyfriend. So I'm still pretty far in the closet.

Infinita_Nox

Hi, welcome to AVEN!

Have some cake: 

b2dc6c91794f6412c93eb09bc1bd819f.jpg

Archived