A name for only liking nonbinary/agender people?

The Incarnation Of Boredom

I've been thinking about this for a while, we have hetero/lesbian/gay (only liking male or female specifically) bi (liking two or more genders) pan (liking all genders) aromantic (liking no one) but we don't have a definition for specifically liking only nonbinary or agender people, and we need one! Because... I might just be that. Most of the guys I fall for tend to not be very masculine, and the one biofemale I fell for was nonbinary.

Any ideas?

letusdeleteouraccounts

I don’t believe there is one so I’d say make one up if your situation is that unique. Maybe something like “androgynosexual” and “androgynoromantic”

Writer In The Forest

Neutroisromantic/Neuroromantic- romantic attraction towards gender-less/sex-less people

It's real! I can't pronounce it properly for the life of me, but I stumbled across it. Androgynoromantic is the romantic attraction towards androgyny.

Skolioromantic was the word for that for a while, but I think it was revealed to be problematic...

I've heard skoliosexual/romantic.

Captain_Tass

I've heard cetero-romantic/sexual somewhere.

34 minutes ago, Writer In The Forest said:

Neutroisromantic

New-troy-s-romantic. Hope I helped!

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

New-troy-s-romantic

Clearly I've been spending too much time with my French car, because I've always pronounced it new-trwah xD

Captain_Tass
4 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Clearly I've been spending too much time with my French car, because I've always pronounced it new-trwah xD

For some reason I absolutely adore (no pun intended) that pronounciation!

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Life Of Tass said:

For some reason I absolutely adore (no pun intended) that pronounciation!

I genuinely thought that was how it was pronounced (and I'm still gonna say it that way anyway)!

AmorphousBlob
3 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

That's how I've always heard it pronounced.

5 hours ago, The Incarnation Of Boredom said:

I've been thinking about this for a while, we have hetero/lesbian/gay (only liking male or female specifically) bi (liking two or more genders) pan (liking all genders) aromantic (liking no one) but we don't have a definition for specifically liking only nonbinary or agender people, and we need one! Because... I might just be that. Most of the guys I fall for tend to not be very masculine, and the one biofemale I fell for was nonbinary.

Any ideas?

I think there was one in the AVEN dictionary section, skoliosexual? That was new to me too, and a nice thing to find as an nb :)

5 hours ago, alto said:

Skolioromantic was the word for that for a while, but I think it was revealed to be problematic...

Ah, good to know. How it's problematic?

Oof! Lot of replies! Thanks guys for all the information. Although I think I'm gonna stick to saying I'm heteroromantic because I already basically have to be a wikipedia page to explain my asexuality anyway lol.

AmorphousBlob
27 minutes ago, naakka said:

I don't really know how to explain it, so I'm grabbing a quote that explains the most common criticism of skoliosexual pretty well. I don't hold these opinions, it's just what some other people think.

"Skoliosexual means that you are sexually attracted to nonbinary people. However, how can you identify that someone is nonbinary without asking them? The answer is that you can’t. Which means skoliosexuality falls into two potential categories: it either stereotypes that all nonbinary people present in a certain way, or it fetishizes nonbinary people because you would be attracted solely to the fact that they are nonbinary, because you wouldn’t be attracted to them before you found out they are." -nonbinary-support from tumblr

Here's the link just in case: https://nonbinary-support.tumblr.com/post/113181771723/why-is-the-term-skoliosexual-problematic-ive

3 hours ago, AmorphousBlob said:

I don't really know how to explain it, so I'm grabbing a quote that explains the most common criticism of skoliosexual pretty well. I don't hold these opinions, it's just what some other people think.

"Skoliosexual means that you are sexually attracted to nonbinary people. However, how can you identify that someone is nonbinary without asking them? The answer is that you can’t. Which means skoliosexuality falls into two potential categories: it either stereotypes that all nonbinary people present in a certain way, or it fetishizes nonbinary people because you would be attracted solely to the fact that they are nonbinary, because you wouldn’t be attracted to them before you found out they are." -nonbinary-support from tumblr

Here's the link just in case: https://nonbinary-support.tumblr.com/post/113181771723/why-is-the-term-skoliosexual-problematic-ive

I see, thanks for the link!

I could criticize that idea by saying that you won't really know who's (cis) woman/man or trans/nb instead either, just by looking at a person... so either liking any gender (based on appearance) is problematic or none is, imo. I think you can be attracted to person based on their gender (moreover sex).

12 hours ago, AmorphousBlob said:

You know, you're right. The better term would be "attracted to minimum masculinity or femininity" because I find myself often falling for boys who look less masculine (no facial hair, no muscles, soft face etc) and who aren't very masculine personality wise (basically, those who don't fit the "tough guy" stereotype of guys, saying they can't show emotions and stuff)

I tend not to fall for girls as often, but I think that's because girls tend to be more... Gender influenced? Then boys.

Girls tend to be catty, and more... Well, girly. While guys aren't necessarily overly masculine by nature. So I often find myself falling for males, but then again I did fall for a AFAB nonbinary person once.

• 1 year later...
grouphayfire
On 4/25/2019 at 1:11 AM, naakka said:

Because the root meaning of the prefix 'skolio' means 'bent' or 'broken'

"Queer" works, and if you need further clarification you can describe what you're looking for in a partner. Generally I'm in favor of this kind of description over the medicalist baggage of "-sexual" suffixes for every preference. 

Archived