Saying Hi (Any Other Ficts Here?)

DCL88

Hi, my name is Dranz, I'm 31 from the UK. I was prowling the site a lot yesterday and discovered the term Fictosexual, then from there Fictophile, but whatever it is called that is what I am.

I've never had any sexual interest or attraction IRL, excluding those who look slightly like my lengthy IC relationship (I've been with him since 2004).

I strongly suspect it's linked to the fact I'm on the Autism Spectrum, so it's simply safer and easier to love outside the box. That said, I've been trying to put myself in the box for years, so it's freeing to know that I'm not the only one in this position...though it is sad that we seem to be either rare or hiding out (I couldn't see anywhere but here to go and be open so here I am).

So yea that's me, I'm hoping to connect with other Fictosexual people and just learn more about asexuality as a whole. 

PS: I love chickens so if you have any chicken cake pictures that would rock :D

Welcome! Hey from Gatport Airwick, what do you think of this chicken cake? :) 

900_804561G302_my-plymouth-rock-chicken-

Custard Cream

*waves* fictoromantic/sexual here. Cake? 🍰🍰🍰

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I have high functioning autism, but I'm not fictosexual. There are a few fictosexuals on the site though, so you're not alone.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Chicken Hen Cake,

4cd0e91d85858cda8c7583f9cfd04a65.jpg

Aww that's beautiful and thank you for the welcome.

i don't normally tell people about the AS, but I saw other people had on here and figured why not, it might be nice to be open about that one too and not be judged for it.

i look forward to seeing you around :)

pS: I feel sorry for my family, they won't ever be able to live up to birthdays now, these cakes are gorgeous!

31 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

*waves* fictoromantic/sexual here. Cake? 🍰🍰🍰

Hello *Hugs, or doesn't hug if too awkward* Thank you for the welcome and mega pleased to meet a fellow fict :D

Custard Cream
1 hour ago, DCL88 said:

Hello *Hugs, or doesn't hug if too awkward* Thank you for the welcome and mega pleased to meet a fellow fict :D

Thanks for the hug! We're not the only two ficts here, I can promise you that! If you hang around the threads or run a search you'll soon find out.😊

59 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

Thanks for the hug! We're not the only two ficts here, I can promise you that! If you hang around the threads or run a search you'll soon find out.😊

I actually joined because I saw some old threads I really liked, but didn't want to comment when they were out of date (someone mentioned possible etiquette breaching after a month, 4

would probably be pushing it lol). 

Do you know any other places you can meet other ficts? Google didn't show me much bar those old threads and a Tumblr account. I was hoping we might have a community or something? 

(Sorry for the questions, you are the first I've met so it's quite exciting :) )

Skeletonducky

Don't worry about the AS thing either, there's plenty of us around here too.

Oh, I almost forgot, cake? 🍰

Custard Cream
1 hour ago, DCL88 said:

I actually joined because I saw some old threads I really liked, but didn't want to comment when they were out of date (someone mentioned possible etiquette breaching after a month, 4

would probably be pushing it lol). 

Do you know any other places you can meet other ficts? Google didn't show me much bar those old threads and a Tumblr account. I was hoping we might have a community or something? 

(Sorry for the questions, you are the first I've met so it's quite exciting :) )

I haven't come across a community, but I haven't looked very hard, I must confess!  Why not start a new thread, and see who comments?  The main parts of the forum tend to get lots of visitors who might not look in the welcome lounge.

By the way, please feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it or compare notes!

Archived