Hey there I'm new

Zarbi

Hey there everyone! 

My name is Laura and I'm 17 from Toronto Canada.

I've got to admit that I've creeped through the aven forums a few times before. But having recently come ou as asexual to a number of family members and friends, now felt like the right time to  finally make an account and join this community. 

I've realized I was asexual about a year ago, but at the time I didn't know what to call it so I kept quiet. A few months later, I actually told one of my closest friends that I wasn't attracted to anyone, still before I knew it was called asexuality. 

I am not yet ready to lable my romantic attraction as unlike sexual attraction, I feel that it is much less of a natural instinct, so I don't want to judge without having had experienced some of it first. 

Other stuff about me now: I'm into photography and art in general, I wanna go into industrial design for college/university in September. I'm also very into nature and outdoors activities, I like playing soccer, camping, skiing and canoeing. 

So yep, that's my asexual journey so far, and I'm excited to continue it :)

RoseGoesToYale

Welcome! It is customary to offer cake to newcomers, as such, here's a grape cake

IMG_8585-e1461006532796.jpg

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

And I'm out to everyone who I know on a personal level, and online.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Camping Cake,

yvsvycrpyvbw7zsjgg9w.jpg

5 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

And I'm out to everyone who I know on a personal level, and online.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Camping Cake,

yvsvycrpyvbw7zsjgg9w.jpg

Thanks! I love the cake!!

Meylnaerdbier

Hey, a fellow teen! I have to admit, I also did a bit of creeping/lurking before I made an account...

Welcome to AVEN! 

Here is a piece of cake :cake:

Archived