a possible-aromantic musing

catra

hello! so, i’ve been questioning my romantic identity recently, and i’m leaning more and more towards the possibility of being aro-spec. and, it scares me. for the past 4-5 years, discovering that i “liked” girls a thousand times more than boys has been a big part of me. i never found boys attractive but i do stop in my tracks when i see a pretty girl (so, every day). i thought that meant i was gay. i mean, i’ve just always seen girls as 1000x more aesthetically pleasing, and i didn’t really imagine dating, but if i did i wanted a girl. or, i thought. turns out, i don’t really want to date anyone, and i didn’t feel enough when i dated a girl i thought was prettier than all the stars combined. so, now i’m wondering if i’m not gay (and actually aro), and i just don’t know what to do with myself. it was a main piece in the puzzle of my life, and now it doesn’t even match the big picture. 

Meylnaerdbier

I'm not sure if I'm the best person to give advice, but have you considered aesthetic attraction? I couldn't help but think of that when you were describing how you found girls attractive.

8 hours ago, Meylnaerdbier said:

I'm not sure if I'm the best person to give advice, but have you considered aesthetic attraction? I couldn't help but think of that when you were describing how you found girls attractive.

yeah, i definitely find girls aesthetically attractive, but it’s not the same as finding the romantically attractive, which is where the shock is coming from i suppose. cuz aesthetic attraction isn’t considered as “important” (for lack of a better word) as romantic or sexual attraction. 

Archived