I might be biromantic?

NoraGrace

Hi, so I recently have been trying to figure out my sexuality and romantic interests and things like that. I know I am definitely asexual and I’m definitely demiromantic which means I only experience romantic attraction to someone after I have become emotionally close to them. 

Because of this, I have a confusing time trying to figure out who I am attracted to since most people define these sexualities by sexual attraction, which I don’t experience. 

I have concluded that I definitely like boys. I’m not entirely sure if I like girls also. I do think of this one girl in a different way than I think of other girls that are just my friends ( and if the amount of girls and boys I’ve liked sounds small, I’ve literally had one crush in my life. It takes a lot for me to like someone that way) But differently than I think of this one boy that I like. I don’t know if it is just a platonic crush or whatever. It is possible that all my “crushes” have been like that. I do find girls more attractive than boys. I notice them more. Im not sure if that is because I’m comparing them to me or if I actually like them romantically. 

- thanks for your time

Writer In The Forest

Hi, I'm new too (yay), but I might be able to give you a tip. I recently went back and forth and upside-down with my own romantic inclination and ended up doing a lot of research before I found something that sounded right. If biromantic doesn't sound quite right for you, look up some of the lesser known romantic orientations. I know there's one that describes finding feminine features more appealing, even if the person in question isn't a girl (I think it's called gynoromantic). There's also one for the opposite, masculine (again, I think it's androromantic, but might want to check my definitions).

It's okay if it takes you a while to figure it out. I know that's how it worked for me. I kept bouncing between homoromantic, heteroromantic, biromantic, and panromantic (I was very very confused). But then I scrapped it all and just went and looked up a list of them. And what do you know, I found the right terms in "polyromantic asexual."

Just take your time and think about it. Things like this don't have to happen overnight. Took me a while to figure out I was asexual to begin with. Health class got even weirder than usual. 😃

3 hours ago, Writer In The Forest said:

Hi, I'm new too (yay), but I might be able to give you a tip. I recently went back and forth and upside-down with my own romantic inclination and ended up doing a lot of research before I found something that sounded right. If biromantic doesn't sound quite right for you, look up some of the lesser known romantic orientations. I know there's one that describes finding feminine features more appealing, even if the person in question isn't a girl (I think it's called gynoromantic). There's also one for the opposite, masculine (again, I think it's androromantic, but might want to check my definitions).

It's okay if it takes you a while to figure it out. I know that's how it worked for me. I kept bouncing between homoromantic, heteroromantic, biromantic, and panromantic (I was very very confused). But then I scrapped it all and just went and looked up a list of them. And what do you know, I found the right terms in "polyromantic asexual."

Just take your time and think about it. Things like this don't have to happen overnight. Took me a while to figure out I was asexual to begin with. Health class got even weirder than usual. 😃

Thanks for your help. I will definitely research some of these.

Well, you came here looking for answers, right? While nobody can tell you for certain how you feel, there are a lot of forms and discussion and research pages on this site. I recently discovered myself to be biromantic, and trust me, I notice girls more too. You could be biromantic with a preference for girls. Or, since you said it takes a lot for you to have a crush, you could maybe be demiromantic? I don't know much, I'm pretty new here, but I hope this was a little helpful.

Archived