Unsure about my asexuality

Hi everyone,

I am a 16-year-old girl and I that recently realized that I may be asexual. Despite the fact that my family has always been very open about sex, I've never thought about sex as an enjoyable thing and even though everyone around me seems to be looking forward to having sex or has already had sex, I've never felt like I wanted to. I've always been kind of grossed out about the idea of sex. My mom told me she kind of had the same thing: she had relationships with guys without feeling the urge to have sex with them and was always grossed out by the idea of it. She always thought something was wrong with her until she met my dad.

I was wondering if it is wrong to say I am asexual. If I would say to myself: maybe in a few years I will feel sexually attracted to someone, I have the feeling I will just keep waiting for that moment. 

My question basically is: Is it wrong to say and think that I am asexual because I feel like I am and I recognize the signs of asexuality in myself, if I may be just a 'late bloomer'?

No, it's okay to identify as asexual if you feel it fits you. It's possible that you will develop sexual attraction later, but there's nothing wrong with identifying as something even if there's a chance it may change. 

• Like 2

I think it's totally okay to identify as asexual. If you feel like it fits you, go ahead. Just be open minded that your feelings could change later and that's okay. People are always changing and they sometimes will find new words that describe themselves better later in life. I don't think there is anything wrong with identifying as asexual even if you're feelings could change in the future. 

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

As one of our moderators, @MichaelTannock, usually writes: "Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake". I learned through some virtual cakes served by him that there's a cake for probably everything ;), so here's a Jupiter cake.

ccjupitercake09.jpg

• Like 1
NickyTannock

@theJupiter Welcome to AVEN!

I don't think it's wrong to identify as Asexual if it describes you.

Incidentally, I usually say that it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Space Themed Fondant Scenery Cake,

fxbygtshzecds1jpo2ee.jpg

• Like 1