Dahlia the lab and her pet chick!

krystal_muzik

natural blue

words cannot explain how much i love this

LauraGarnham

That honestly just seems cruel to the chick. First chicks are social and can get very stressed if they are away from other chicks, secondly a dog to them is a predator that could eat them. Notice how the chick hardly moves, that's a possible sign of fear, also notice that the sound in the video has been replaced with music, possibly to hide any distress peeps the chick might be making. I wish people wouldn't do things like this. If you want to have a happy chick, give them other chicks to play with, give them enrichment (e.g. something to dust bathe in, foraging opportunities, perches, boxes...) handle them regularly to make them friendly to humans (some will like, or learn to like being petted, give them treats (mealworms are a hit), give them simple problems to solve (you can actually teach chicks things). You can take cute videos of them doing all this. 

krystal_muzik
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:54 AM, LauraGarnham said:

That honestly just seems cruel to the chick. First chicks are social and can get very stressed if they are away from other chicks, secondly a dog to them is a predator that could eat them. Notice how the chick hardly moves, that's a possible sign of fear, also notice that the sound in the video has been replaced with music, possibly to hide any distress peeps the chick might be making. I wish people wouldn't do things like this. If you want to have a happy chick, give them other chicks to play with, give them enrichment (e.g. something to dust bathe in, foraging opportunities, perches, boxes...) handle them regularly to make them friendly to humans (some will like, or learn to like being petted, give them treats (mealworms are a hit), give them simple problems to solve (you can actually teach chicks things). You can take cute videos of them doing all this. 

The chicks do have a nice home with other chicks. I just take them out to visit with the other pets sometimes. Dahlia wouldn't hurt a flea...she is big but very gentle. And I just added some music to jazz it up a bit. The chick was not peeping any more than usual. I like animals and it is never my intent to hurt anyone of them. 

LauraGarnham
On 4/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, krystal_muzik said:

The chicks do have a nice home with other chicks. I just take them out to visit with the other pets sometimes. Dahlia wouldn't hurt a flea...she is big but very gentle. And I just added some music to jazz it up a bit. The chick was not peeping any more than usual. I like animals and it is never my intent to hurt anyone of them. 

Good to know, thanks.

Archived